So Confused!

MomiLovesWeed

High all!

So my second grow is underway, and I am growing WW...and the flowering time for that is 8-10wks...now with my first grow I cut the tops off at about 9 weeks, and the bottoms at 10 weeks, and the results sucked....(the 9wk bud wasnt too bad..) So now with this harvest I want to cut the tops at 8wks, and then the bottoms at 8.5wks...

The first day of 12/12 was Dec 13....
The begining of 8 weeks is Jan 7...
The 60 days is Jan 11

So when would u harvest?

I also want to add that I do have scopes to check the trichs, a 45x and a 60-100x pocket scope and I thought that I was reading it correctly,(and may I add that they are a pain in the a$$!!) but giving the outcome of the first grow..now I am not so sure...I am thinking on getting one of those desktop ones that are like 200-500x...

Could I just cut a bud and vape it to find out the potency?

Thanks all and hope I didnt confuse anyone!

:smokin:

You can always test a popcorn bud to see if they are ready. Just flash dry it first.

A tip I got from somebody here, was to cut off a small piece of a sugar leaf so you can place the scope on the table so its easier to focus. It really helps

You can always test a popcorn bud to see if they are ready. Just flash dry it first.

A tip I got from somebody here, was to cut off a small piece of a sugar leaf so you can place the scope on the table so its easier to focus. It really helps

Whats flash dry?
And I read the same post too..lol..I am going to try that as well....

Flash drying is just a fast way to dry your bud so you can test it. Some people use the oven, Ive heard about using dry ice. Im pretty sure a search will provide details on methods. Its not recommended for your whole crop but just a test bud.

I'm not big on the Trich theory, I just cut when the pistils turn, About 80-90% red.

Interesting, I'm not big on the pistil theory, since genetics can determine pistil color independent of maturity.

I to go off trich color, I like to cut between 60-90% amber trich color. I have 2 different strains going and the LSD gets pretty much all red pistils when the trichs are only at about 40-50%, so I deffinately use the trichs. I havent tried harvesting the tops seperate from the bottoms, But I also lollipop my girls so they have a short fat canopy that lets light to all the buds. It works well for me, I get the same yield either way, but With a short fat canopy I get bigger denser buds instead of some heavy and some light and airy. Also, what are you using for soil, nutes, etc.

I understand what you mean there, but what I'm talking about is little dried up pistils, not just pink or red hues in fresh pollen-collecting pistils. When the hairs dry up and lose their ability to collect pollen, the plant is ready to harvest because it is starting to die.
I've grown pink/red pistil strains, and it confused me the first time, but it's easy to see the difference.

Works for me, but then again, if Trich theory is true, I'm harvesting Milky White resin heads. Which means I get cerebral effects.

Resin head maturity may also have something to do with the lighting as well, I've read a few articles stating that THC and other cannabinoids, are formed more rapidly under higher levels of UV. Not sure whether that's A, B, or C, because there was no cited reference. I thought it was an interesting theory, and it seems to fit, because Outdoors, where there are higher levels of every colour of light, The pot just seems better. Along with this theory I've also read that THC is like Sunblock for the Plant, and stops UV from penetrating the bud, protecting the seed.

But, I don't know shit, I just grow the stuff.

Bottom line: Smoke weed.

Back
Top Bottom