SOG and clone questions

MickeySSP

I currently have two plants that are two weeks old. One blue hash and one church. I wanted to know what is the earliest i can clone them? Also i wanted to do a SOG grow like this guy who used 16oz bottles. I am planning on using 2 litter bottles and was hoping to put 6 of them in about 1.5 square feet. I'm going to be using 2 105watt compact fluorescent bulbs that each put out 6,200 lummens. Instead of doing it over and over adding clones i am just going to have two trays of 6 clones one tray gets 12 hours and then i put it in the dark while the other tray gets 12 hours. I was hoping to get about 15 grams per plant do you think that this is acheivable?

thanx

To get 6 viable plants, you are going to need 10 or so cuttings to start, so I'd veg them a month and LST to encourage more vigorous growth of the clone sites.

If you do everything perfectly, you might achieve your goal.

hey man i know how hard it is to get the answer you are looking for i would wait untill you have veg'd for 4 to 6 weeks or if its a fast grower wait till you have more than 4 sets of leafs coming from the stock of the plant and always cut the lower to mid branches as clones
ussually it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get that big
but i incurage taking cuttings because you can throw them into 12/12 and get them to show sex of the plant you took them off of
let me know if theres anything else i can help with
oh also if your a new grower you should check out TOPPING you can get a bigger yield of your plant also
just a tip for you if you didnt know
well i drop back by later good luck:cool:

ok buddy boy :p the amount of clones you get matters not. You casn clone out the whole entire plant if you really want. You can top it like dude said, however when you top it, it add length to vegging. If you're sea of green, you want to go small, grow fast, and keep adding a new plant every week so it become perpetual. Or not. I wouldn't top your girls but its really a personal preference. I have top some of mine that I am in no hurry to flower because it just add veg time. I have experimented in size as well. Have flower clones, one week clone and 2 weeks of vegging i mean. To get differnt end sizes. Don't like the girls to get too tall.

Both of my plants are from female seeds so i already know their sex. Also i was planning on only vegging my clones for two weeks before putting them into 12/12. Do you think its worth adding another week or two ?

haha that sounds dope bro, how much do you usually yield dry off a plant that ends at 18in? Also my two plants are almost 3 weeks now, but they're really small only about 3-4 inches and about 14-16 littles leaves on them. They look really healthy but im just thinkin if ususally you should be able to clone at 4-6 weeks then is there something wrong with my plants? because they look absolutely no where near ready to clone lol. This is my first time growing so maybe im missing something like there going to hit a growth spurt or something?And thanx for the replies everyone i appreciate it

happy smoking :slide:

haha that sounds dope bro, how much do you usually yield dry off a plant that ends at 18in? Also my two plants are almost 3 weeks now, but they're really small only about 3-4 inches and about 14-16 littles leaves on them. They look really healthy but im just thinkin if ususally you should be able to clone at 4-6 weeks then is there something wrong with my plants? because they look absolutely no where near ready to clone lol. This is my first time growing so maybe im missing something like there going to hit a growth spurt or something?And thanx for the replies everyone i appreciate it

happy smoking :slide:
Are you overwatering them?You want to make sure you let the top of the soil dry out almost crunchy before you water them. I you are keeping them wet chances are you are getting root rot.at 3 weeks the should be a whole lot bigger thn that with branches coming off then. Try to let them dry out.How is you ph level? Is it between 6.3 to 6.8 that is what fox farms recomends .:goodluck:

im pretty sure that i havent been watering them because ive been waiting till they get like you sayed almost crunchy. Right now i don't have anything to test the ph but in a week when i get money im getting a better setup and a ph tester, nutes, ect... because right now i have a really janky setup lol. I think the water ph thing is something i need to look into because where i live our tap water is so rediculously nasty. I've heard that if theres clorine in the water that it could hurt your plants and to let the water sit in a cup for a day before using? Also both of them were transplanted like a week ago because i wasnt thinking about it when i planted them and put them in really little pots. Also 1 of them was dropped when they were really little and half ass fell outa the pot. Do you think that could be contributing to my ladies being so small?

Ok...see the thing about this site is I think people just say something to be heard...sorry to offend. Where did root rot come from?
Negative man!!! No root rot!! Ph is super important!! . You can goto a pet store and get a ph tester in the fish section for about 3 dollars. Depending on how it grows I get about a 1/2 off a 18 incher
So in all your infinate wisdom are you saying that if plants are being overwaterd they will not get root rot? From all i know over watering is the main cause of root rot and if you over water your plant it will slow its growth and in many cases cause root rot. Is that not correct? Also I do believe i already brought up the ph being to high so how am I talking just to hear myself? Since you know everything.:cool:

So in all your infinate wisdom are you saying that if plants are being overwaterd they will not get root rot? From all i know over watering is the main cause of root rot and if you over water your plant it will slow its growth and in many cases cause root rot. Is that not correct? Also I do believe i already brought up the ph being to high so how am I talking just to hear myself? Since you know everything.:cool:

Never claimed to know everything...I am a student, not a master, professor or teacher!!

Back
Top Bottom