Soil pH won't drop?

Orros

Hey everyone!
Quick question here...

I Transplanted my almost 2 month old plant from a 2-3 gal to a 5 gal.
Yesterday, I flushed it maybe 3-5 times in 3 hours of time with ph'd water at 5.5-6.0, and the runoff still comes out at 7.0-7.1!

It was 1:30 am and I said fuck it I'm too tired to go on...

I'm using Promix soil with perlite, added a tablespoon of epsom salt and calcium in the mix...

I didn't had problem with my other pots, and of course I understand that since the pot is bigger it needs more water, but I litteraly flushed it for 3 hours, with not a single drop of the ph runoff.

So what should I do? Just keep watering and feeding next time with adjusted ph to 6? Or should I try and flush again until the runoff of the soil gets to 6.5?

For a 5 gal pot you are going to want to flush with at least 25 gallons of water. When I have to flush a big pot, I put it in the bathtub. Then I just start pouring the gallons in till she is full then I walk away for 15-20 minutes. Go pour more through and walk away. It can take several hours to flush the big pots. Keep a tally sheet so you aren't going "was that 5 or 6?" :peace:

Dolomite lime will stabilize the pH at 7. You should be OK with a pH of 7 but if need be you can lower it by adding peat moss to the soil.

Back
Top Bottom