Soil pH

fatbuds420

How important is soil ph?

I heard that when the soil dry's, the ph returns to the original soil ph.

So say u water with 6ph water, as it drys it gows back up (the soil ph is 8) correct?

So this way u can have the plant get all the nutrients it needs

Pretty important, I'd say. For example, some types of plants don't seem to grow well when placed in soil very close to pine trees.

This article might be of interest:

Also, there are some interesting comments on this webpage:

So say u water with 6ph water, as it drys it gows back up (the soil ph is 8) correct?

So this way u can have the plant get all the nutrients it needs
You have it exactly right. You right now understand more about pH and how it is used in soil than the majority of growers out there.
So yes, soil pH is VERY important. It is what lets you water at 6.3, where mathematically teh most nutrients are the most mobile, and then let the soil take over to allow a pH drift right up through the entire soil range of pH, picking up each nutrient as it becomes most mobile. It is a good system and the reason soil is engineered to have a base pH up near 6.8 or so...

You mentioned a pH of 8, and that would be a pretty lime based soil, maybe not best suited for growing our plants. Are you sure it is a base pH of 8 or was that a guess?

You have it exactly right. You right now understand more about pH and how it is used in soil than the majority of growers out there.
So yes, soil pH is VERY important. It is what lets you water at 6.3, where mathematically teh most nutrients are the most mobile, and then let the soil take over to allow a pH drift right up through the entire soil range of pH, picking up each nutrient as it becomes most mobile. It is a good system and the reason soil is engineered to have a base pH up near 6.8 or so...

You mentioned a pH of 8, and that would be a pretty lime based soil, maybe not best suited for growing our plants. Are you sure it is a base pH of 8 or was that a guess?
What that guy said! ^^^^^

No. It wasn't a guess, it says it on the package, it's a bio universal. Soil, all i can get rn due to corona sadly. Not an issue tho, I've grown huge girls with the shittiest soil ever lasg year lol

Well it is going to have a solid upward drift to it for sure. Like you said, its usable since knowing that you can take advantage of pH adjusting even lower... like 6.1, and really swing through the ranges, solidly hitting the lower numbers where all the heavy metals are most mobile. It should work well... just don't ever try working with it by adjusting your pH to 6.5 all the time... it can easily be seen why that would be a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom