Soil Question

1stimer

i am using FOXFARM ocean forest organic potting soil it comes with earthworm castings and bat guano, the hydroponic shop down the street they say this is good to use in the bigning stages seedling to sprout, but i have been hearing something abount not using any fertilizer in the beginning at all at and it has bat quano(fertilizer) in it i know they should be expert, but can anyone tell me if i am using the right soil or if it this soil is fine to use or should i not be using it at all, my plants seem to grow fine out if it but not sure. if anyone has any suggestions on what soil i should use in the beginning that would be helpful if the soil im using is whata i should be using

also when i am ready to start fowering how tall should my plants be 2.5 to 3 feet tall? i know i should know this and i wll probobly find out before anyoone responds but i thoguht i would just ask anyway just to get a co signer to make sure

lol...sorry again for the long thread this purple kush has got me wired lol... must be the sativa in it lol...
thanks for any advice, smoke on smokers
1stimer
:smokin:

The fox farm soil should have enough fertilizer in it for about the first month of a plants life. I have heard nothing but good things about it and plan on using it in my next grow. You can start fertilizing it early. Not in the first 2 weeks though. its best to start small and work your way up to full dosage.

When plants flower they will double or triple in size. so if you flower at 3.5 you could end up with a plant at 7 to 10.5 feet tall

F F O & F is one of the best potting soils you can buy. Well worth the high price in increased yield.
You don't need to add any nutes for the 1st 4--8 weeks.
I use it, and about 6 weeks into the grow I start to add nute's--1/3 strength at first, gradually upping the concentration to full strength by approx. 2 months growth.

At what point you switch to flowering (12/12) is a matter of personal preference, but you should wait AT LEAST until the plants are sexually mature, which generally occurs at 4--6 weeks vegatative growth.

Most growers induce flowering soon after the plants are sexually mature.

RangerDanger said:
At what point you switch to flowering (12/12) is a matter of personal preference, but you should wait AT LEAST until the plants are sexually mature, which generally occurs at 4--6 weeks vegatative growth.

This is where most people struggle with the "time of flower", i.e. 56 days flowering. If you wait until sexual maturity then switch and start counting, you should hit the Breeders estimate of flowering time. Most people don't wait for sexual maturity before the switch to 12/12 and bitch and complain because it took 2 weeks longer or whatever. Do it right and there won't be any problems.

As to Fox Farms...I've never had seedlings take off like a rocket like they do in FF Ocean Forest. I wouldn't change a thing. Unless you want to use FF seedling mix - the name of which escapes me at the moment. And when it comes tie to transplant just transplant into a bigger container of FF, then you won't need to add nutes for a while longer still.

^^^^ answered the question i was going to ask about transplanting and if you would need to use nutes if you replaced the fox farm soil...thanks! :allgood:

I'm a soil grower and I havn't used ferts until flowering. This is a good thread, and I think I will be looking into this nute-soil. Thanks for the info...

thank you all for the hlep and advice, im stoked i just got my big bud seeds
:bong:
1stimer

Back
Top Bottom