Something Went Wrong

nobodyuknow

So I have 2 plants, and one of them is doing well. I planted them both at the same time, but this one for some reason got messed up. I'm not sure if its the genetics, or maybe I did something wrong, but the bigger plant I did the exact same things to it that I did to this one, but yet this little one just doesnt want to grow and looks horribly deformed. I really have no clue what happened. I think maybe somehow it went into shock. I put a little Superthrive on it and it seems to of started to grow a bit, but incredibly slow.

My question is, should I just trash this plant and move on? Has anyone ever had this happened to them before?

Heres the pics of the little runt, and then below the same strain that was planted the same time. Look at the difference in them.

100_12043.JPG

100_12025.JPG

100_12012.JPG

Now this plant I planted the same time, in the same soil, used the same nutes, they were both sitting side by side, day by day, and I have no idea what went wrong. Any ideas? The strain is Heavyweight Fast and Vast Autoflower Feminized. Thank you for your input.

100_11965.JPG

Wow that's a big difference. I'm a newb so my advice might not be the best. But I would chalk it up as a loss. Did u order from a seed bank? If so what seeds? I just ordered from Barney's farm and Royal seeds. They have a lot of bad reviews. But I'm sure they have to be better than bag seed. People seem to like serious and Mr nice. Both expensive. Since I make a lot of mistakes I don't wanna spend that kind of money. Also Mr nice has no feminized seeds. Lastly I think the 420 forums are more geared to experienced growers. Most people that will try and help are new too. I'm thinking of joining a different forum

man i think its over watering you mix your soil with perlit? it s green becuze ther is to much water the other plant maybi has beter drainage .... maybi the water didnt bother it thet much my frend had similar problems and we found out thet he was over watering ....
yust let her drie for a few days maybi 4 then water when the top two cm dry out and she wil bi fine she wil finish a lil bit later and a lil bit smaler so if you have the place and the time dont trash it
hope this helps peace sory for my eanglis

Hey Nobodyuknow. Here is my best guess. Occasionally when a plant gets pollinated there are problems. Most often temperature related but it can also be due to the timing of the pollination. It can also be caused by a virus or fungal infection of the mother or father plant at the time of pollination.It results in a mutation of the normal genetics of the plant. I believe that is waht you are looking at here. I don't believe that it is anything cultural. I personally like to grow out some of these freaks but since you are growing inside and are looking to fill a bag I would yank it. This is a good time to stress that seed breeders in this field are generally working with very restricted populations of plants compared to normal agricultural breeding programs. That is why they are challenged to produce a true growing honest hybrid. When you buy crossed seeds from pot breeders you have to accept that you are going to get a mix of phenotypes. What they are really selling is a combination of genetic crosses not actually true growing hybrid seeds. In true growing actual hybrid seeds every plant would essentially grow exactly alike. All you have to do, is notice corn fields as you drive by them this spring to see what I mean! Best of luck!

Hey Nobodyuknow. Here is my best guess. Occasionally when a plant gets pollinated there are problems. Most often temperature related but it can also be due to the timing of the pollination. It can also be caused by a virus or fungal infection of the mother or father plant at the time of pollination.It results in a mutation of the normal genetics of the plant. I believe that is waht you are looking at here. I don't believe that it is anything cultural. I personally like to grow out some of these freaks but since you are growing inside and are looking to fill a bag I would yank it. This is a good time to stress that seed breeders in this field are generally working with very restricted populations of plants compared to normal agricultural breeding programs. That is why they are challenged to produce a true growing honest hybrid. When you buy crossed seeds from pot breeders you have to accept that you are going to get a mix of phenotypes. What they are really selling is a combination of genetic crosses not actually true growing hybrid seeds. In true growing actual hybrid seeds every plant would essentially grow exactly alike. All you have to do, is notice corn fields as you drive by them this spring to see what I mean! Best of luck!
man i think that is not a mutation or a deformation its a small growers mistake i think i have seen thet did the same mistakes when i was a kid
your advice is very good but hard core mutations and deformations you can see on the seed
im sory i dont want to ofend you but im growing nov for 20year since i vas 13 years old and until 5 years ago i never both a seed thats why i seen many many mutations deformations and it dosent look like that deformed mutated plants have mutated deformed leaves stems ... but the plant in the picture is not loking deformed it loks like its growing but not streaching becuze of the water
i bet the smal and the big plant have the same number of nodes but the smaler one didn t strech .....im realy sory for my eanglis hope you understand me
please somebody corect me if im wrong we all are learning till the end of our lives
peace

man i think that is not a mutation or a deformation its a small growers mistake i think i have seen thet did the same mistakes when i was a kid
your advice is very good but hard core mutations and deformations you can see on the seed
im sory i dont want to ofend you but im growing nov for 20year since i vas 13 years old and until 5 years ago i never both a seed thats why i seen many many mutations deformations and it dosent look like that deformed mutated plants have mutated deformed leaves stems ... but the plant in the picture is not loking deformed it loks like its growing but not streaching becuze of the water
i bet the smal and the big plant have the same number of nodes but the smaler one didn t strech .....im realy sory for my eanglis hope you understand me
please somebody corect me if im wrong we all are learning till the end of our lives
peace

Hey Think Different, no offense taken here. But I would contend that you cannot see mutations on the seed itself. It is often the result of of improperly replicated genomes cause by environmental difficulties at pollination.I have often seen this on melon and pumpkin seedlings after the parent plants under went extremely hot temps during pollination. Also, as I said these could be reasons not that they were absolutely the reason. I was responding to Nobody's comments that they were both grown in the same mix with the same watering schedule. Heck after being a farmer for a living for over 40 years now I am constantly seeing things in nature that are beyond my ability to understand with 100 % certainty. That's why I am here to continue to learn. There are also viruses that plants get ,that can cause seed to not grow out properly even though the plant was infected a generation removed.

This is a odd one....major diffrence between the two. this gets me thinking will we ever see all the possible things that can hapen to weed during growing...there is so much to take into account that i don't think we will ever be able to say what every single problem is or how it happened...

IMO i would not yank it as i feel to sorry for plant but this is just me i tend to not like killing one i would give it a fair chance, but then i spous that would be up to you..

Best of luck!!

Back
Top Bottom