South Lake Tahoe Threatens To Close Last Pot Club

Truth Seeker

Tahoe Wellness Center might be closed by the end of the month according to a letter sent from City Manager Nancy Kerry.

"They just continue to have complaints about the smell," Kerry said.

She writes in addition to code violations of a strong pot odor wafting from the business, the medical marijuana dispensary's executive director was recently arrested - also creating grounds for the permit to be pulled. Tahoe Wellness Center has 10 days to appeal.

"I told them I'll work with them and help then through the appeal process, and then eventually it will go to council," Kerry said.

Tahoe Wellness Center Director Cody Bass says they have already been trying to fix the smell - the shop's has plans for construction in the works. In addition to changing the building layout, they'll also add new air flow controls.

"That is the main fix to the odor issue," Bass said.

And he claims the arrest was bogus because he was picked up in another California county for having his medical marijuana on him. Bass is officially charged with possession, possession for sale and driving while license suspended.

"We of course are going to appeal this to the judge," he said.

If the council ultimately decides to shut down the only remaining dispensary, patients will still be able to grow in limited amounts at home.

"By no means will this shut down medical marijuana for those in need," Mayor Pro-Tem Tom Davis said.

But it's likely no more medical marijuana dispensary permits will be given out - meaning the idea of South Lake having store fronts for pot clubs might be burning out soon.

Cannabis_Leafs5.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: mynews4.com
Author: My News 4
Website: South Lake Tahoe threatens to close last pot club - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom