Spider Mites

Yeah i dispisise arachnids and house flies! The worst! Im thinking that if they like water and suger so much then maby swab the "V or L" branch area maby. These girls are huge and have alot of.unde growth that dont get light! If i eliminate that will there be less chance of bugs and say i do cut the undergrowth. Will that energy go to where the other buds are growing! Or do i leavr the undergroth?

I generally strip the inner crap once I find mites, just less hassle to deal with.

I strip into plastic bucket then spray 50/50 bleach water into the bucket and discard into a sealed plastic bag.

Then apply mite spray/s as needed.

Okay! So! Only 20 days into flower i can cut and trim all the undergrowth that dont get light and attracks bugs correct? It wont hurt it at all?

I am in week 3 of flower right now....and sprayed for mites with "mighty wash" on the 15th

My plants are tall trees and not alot of inner leaf growth, so I only removed the obvious white spotted leaves and then sprayed the mighty wash.

You will not harm your grow or results if you want to strip now.....general rule for some growers is strip all fan leafs off at day 21 and day 45 of flower, so you would be right on track with stripping here now.

I rarely strip tall lengthy noded plants but I do strip heavy indicas because they do clog up with growth that does nothing but rob nutes and light.

I would not use ANY oil product IE: neem, rosemary, or other oil mite spray once flowering and bud sites have started.

I did the SNS217 with webs.....it destroyed the pistals and the buds reacted adversly to it..the buds tasted like rosemary and antiseptic.

Now I use "mighty wash" in flower.....it is not cheap but it saved my last grow and just killed off anything I can see on the 5 lady's in flower now.
I harvested my last grow with the mighty wash and there is no foul taste or anything that would give away I used the product.
I applied it at week 9 of a 12/13 week flower cycle.

You can use "mighty wash" up to 3 weeks before harvest...if you use it within that last 3 weeks you will need the product "power wash" to remove the residue.

Mighty wash is available at your grow store.

I use neem oil and azamax and sns209 systemic in veg......in flower nothing but mighty wash for me right now.

Another thing that helps with mites is get your temps DOWN...they thrive in 80+ degree heat, the hotter the better they thrive.

I dial down my ballasts so temps are in the 70-72 range for a few days and spray 1 application, 5 mins before the lights go out so the bugs do little in darkness and they are far easyier to get under control.

I am no bug guru, but I have had 2 very serious infestations and this is whats working for me now.

You guys are awesome! Thank you. Im a newby my third harvest since may 20013. So ive got a ways to go! Ill.trim the undergrowth. Im curious about the removal of all fan leaves? Could you explain more?

You could go 250W if that's what it takes.

I run 2 600W hps and had open wings....I would have to dial em down 50% to keep at that 70-72

I now have sealed cool tubes so my environment stays at 76 ish 24/7

You guys are awesome! Thank you. Im a newby my third harvest since may 20013. So ive got a ways to go! Ill.trim the undergrowth. Im curious about the removal of all fan leaves? Could you explain more?

Fan leaves....if you are going to strip/defoliate just remove any leaf with a stem 1" long or longer that is not related to direct bud growth.....or just remove the larger ones 4" in diameter and larger and get them sprayed once you do....be sure to kill off those leaves stripped and out of the grow area and into the trash.

Just to be clear, these directions are for spraying and defoliating are for LIVING plants....if you harvested...then vac the bugs off as they bunch up. Not much else you can do.

you can't wait that long....you are in Wa....every grow store anywhere will have it.

It is a pink bubblegum looking liquid, just pour into a spray bottle and start at bottom of plant...run your hand up the stalks and spray the underside of the leafs till drips appear....once you go all the way around bottom to top, spray her again all over top to bottom.

If you can get it today you will be much better off than waiting on mail...you could lose your grow in that time.

Back
Top Bottom