Back at it again? is this spider mite damage?

Spidermight

i've had 20 days ish of rest, are they back????

i can't spot a single spider mite under the leaves, i tho i was able to get rid of them but they're back (go figure)

is this spider mite damage? it's not powdery mildew because i can't rub it off...

so i'm guessing it's mites again? (why can't i spot any? usually when i have mites they're easy to spot)

just wanna make sure so i can address the issue properly

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-36.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-39.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-41.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-42.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-44.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-46.jpg

photo_2021-10-02_13-48-48.jpg

No, that's not spider mite
A marauding or visiting feeder
great news i guess? spider mites are a big pain to deal with...

should i do anything? or just leave it? i noticed other plants in my garden have the same damage, my grape has exactly the same damage on the leaves

what would be more effective mineral oil or BT?

this is the time of year that caterpillars start attacking the buds during flower, could it be them doing this?

Agree with Growings!, it's not mites, it's not a bad infestation. You're too far along in flower to start spraying stuff on your buds.
tbh i'm not too worried about spraying bt or min oil, done so before many times... if i spot caterpillars i'll def spray BT because they shit in the buds and cause rot, which is an issue here near harvest because of high humidity rain etc... and my plants are SOOO bushy

should i do anything? or just leave it? i noticed other plants in my garden have the same damage, my grape has exactly the same damage on the leaves
If you are as close to your harvesting time then it probably is not worth the time, money and effort to attempt.

Plus, if it is showing up on other plants and the grapes then they can return back to your plants within a few days especially if the plants are actually as bushy as they look in the photos you have shown us.

If you are as close to your harvesting time then it probably is not worth the time, money and effort to attempt.

Plus, if it is showing up on other plants and the grapes then they can return back to your plants within a few days especially if the plants are actually as bushy as they look in the photos you have shown us.
I still have a month to harvest, and I've seen how fast things like this can spread....

Gave it a spray with min oil yesterday, hopefully it works....

I just need to know if min oil would be effective since i have to deal with this kind of stuff every year... And it spreads fast

You guys sure it ain't spider mites? The damage looks similar to me looking at google.pics
To me, it looks like it might be mites. You might have to look up each of the other insects mentioned to see what the damage they do looks like and what the insect itself looks like and eliminate each one.

The damage on the leaves in the photos in the first msg does look different than what is shown in the photos in msg #13. It looks like the pin-points that Mites cause when they first start showing up.

Keep in mind that each time you spray for Mites you are also killing off insects that will eat Mites. Without the predators there is a better opportunity for a couple of Mites to start reproducing fast without their natural enemies.

To me, it looks like it might be mites. You might have to look up each of the other insects mentioned to see what the damage they do looks like and what the insect itself looks like and eliminate each one.

The damage on the leaves in the photos in the first msg does look different than what is shown in the photos in msg #13. It looks like the pin-points that Mites cause when they first start showing up.

Keep in mind that each time you spray for Mites you are also killing off insects that will eat Mites. Without the predators there is a better opportunity for a couple of Mites to start reproducing fast without their natural enemies.
Perhaps it's more than one pest like you say, anyways, the spraying i gave em should keep them at bay for 1-2 weeks, might spray again in 7 days since the min oil had a 20 day half-life before harvest.

Also i might get BT and spray it since around this time last year I got fuck ton of caterpillar shitting in my buds which caused rot

The min oil is highly effective for mites and other insect's, but not caterpillar unfortunately:(

Pull off a leaf and see the underside of the leaf with a magnifying glass - if it is mites they will be there
If it is not mites, you will just see the scarred flesh of the leaf from a fleeting visitor but no bugs
Yeah I already checked a few leaves and found nothing, j can see spider mites without a magnifying glass usually, to make sure it's mites i poke my finger in them and they start moving sometimes.

Is there a way i can stoo whatevers is doing damage? I like to smoke my leaves with bud in blunts otherwise if its just bud it'll knock my out for the rest of the day....

So you know it is not mites, thank feck
Caterpillars are big enough to just pick off and 'relocate'
They're Actually really hard to spot, especially with the plants are so extremely bushy... If i see they start doing damaged I'll give BT a shot

Back
Top Bottom