Started my first grow!

collin

hey everyone. im new to the site and i thought i would start off first by posting my current grow stats! any insight would be much appreciated.

this is my first ever grow and im kinda on a budget

ROOM:

7x 12' room. 8' ceiling
window venting into winter wood storage room
located in the basement

LIGHTS:

i currently have 2x 48" t5 florescent fixtures (one cool white and one warm white bulb in each fixture) 34 watts each bulb
3x common house spiral lights 10 watts each maybe

REFLECTION:

reflective material from the garden store throught the room

SOIL & NUTES:

Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil
Perlite
Black Gold Earthworm castings
Dolomite lime

SOIL MIXTURE:

60% FF OF
20% earthworm castings
20% perlite
small handful of dolomite lime (per 5 gallons)

OTHER MISC:

tarp
fan
5 gallon buckets
thermometer

MY PLANTS (currently):

11 seeds planted in jiffy pellets (10/3/09). supposed to be a local strain from north east washington and its supposed to be good, but who really knows

1 seedling 17 days old. bag seed. rooted in rockwool and planted in a .5 gallon pot

1 female plant 2 months old. trans planted from a .5 gallon pot to a 5 gallon bucket september 28. (from a friend how didnt have enough room for it so it was struggling in the small pot. im hoping to revive it a bit and keep growing.

MY SETUP:

2 florescent fixtures set up about 36" off the ground
seeds and seedling are 2-6" away from the lights on a raised pedestal and the bigger plant is in a 5 gallon bucket on the ground and about 3" away from the light.
24 hour light right now
room temp stays between 65-80 degrees
not sure what the humidity is
not sure about the PH (dont have a tester)
fan blowing gently to circulate and build stem strength
currently watering every other day, but i think im over watering after reading on here a bit.

the big plant doesnt seem to like the transplant as much as i thought it would. it hasnt really gotten any bigger (that i can tell). some of the leafs are yellowing in spots and there is a brown spot in the middle of one leaf the size of a dime.
the seedling looks healthy and is growing, but doesnt seem to be near as big as some other pictures i saw of 2.5 weeks from seed

Re: Started my first grow!!

hows it goin bro
..welcoome to 420!!

for the watering...just scratch into the top of the soil and if the top 2 inches are pretty dry..you can water...also when you water pick the pot up and gauge how heavy it is when fully saturated with water then when it gets light you can kinda tell its time to water...

oh and yea i cant see the pics..

everything else sounds good...sounds like you read up on your homework!:nicethread:

good luck and :peace:

thanks for the info. i have spent a long time reading, dreaming, wishing and researching about growing and now its finally happening!!

GetAttachment_2.jpg

GetAttachment_1.jpg

GetAttachment43.jpg

GetAttachment9.jpg

GetAttachment33.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/GetAttachment33.jpg

when i woke up today 3 of the 11 seeds sprouted out of the jiffy pellets. hopefully there are more to come!

looks like your off to a good start....good job :cool: ill be watchin

well 5 of the 11 seeds sprouted and are on their way to deliciousness. i planted 5 more seeds yesterday. more pictures coming soon.

i also added a 175 watt MH lamp and a ph test kit to my grow. my ph tested in between 6.5 and 7

thanks for the info. i have spent a long time reading, dreaming, wishing and researching about growing and now its finally happening!!

:welcome: also new and starting my first grow-- have been doin same as you, reading, reading, and more reading, now gonna be growin and growin and-----:rollit:

Is the ph tester the ph strips?

thank you everyone. i have a vile i fill with drainage water and put a few drops of ph tester stuff in.

my ph was high this morning and im not sure why. was sitting about 8 or.

Hay, collin good luck on your new grow. Thats look like a nice room and lots of space, I think you are going to have to think about adding some lights. Those floros are fine for sprouting but when those plant start getting a little bigger I don't think they are going to cut it. Just a thought. Otherwise you are off to a great start and if all those seeds sprout and all turn out to be ladies you are going to have a forest of buds. Good luck and + rep on a great start..

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom