Starting back up

reapah23

So I just ordered a bunch of seeds and got them a week or so ago started up 1 Incredible Bulk and an Auto Blue Diesel right now their just about 72 hours old as seedlings. I germinated them by leaving in water about 18 hours till the roots come out and then left them between 2 paper towels for a little over a week till the roots were nice and long. I'm only using 1 CFL light for each plant close together with a fan blowing on them. My last grow was not that great, the weather turned very bad on me about 4-5 weeks into veg state (tried an outdoor grow) and they ended up flowering early outside and I had to finish them off in the house only resulting in like 30 grams off 2 plants (a super lemon and I forget the other strain). I really want to do it right this time so I went ahead and ordered a 600w LED light. I'm not sure if I needed that much just for 3-4 plants at a time but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. The light won't be here for another week or two so these little babies are stuck with the CFL until then. Will switching it from the CFL to the HED light 3-4 weeks into their veg state be alright, what would be the best way to adjust them to it? I'm also leaving the CFL lights on 24-7 until the LED light gets here then I was planning to switch it to 18/6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I just want to do everything right this time so I can atleast yield a decent amount of bud with these amazing seeds. I have no experience with the LED, I know the light comes with chains to hang it and I'm guessing you don't keep the plants as close to it as you do with the CFL. I've read countless data about growing but it really is confusing as people say one thing then you'll read another thread and it says the total opposite lol, it's a great feeling watching the plants grow I definitely missed it.

I would say the best thing to remember in switching lights is that in nature nothing happens overnight. If you ever have any doubts that you might have problems adjust your hours +- an hour a day until your new schedule is met. I haven't lived anywhere yet where the sun was out for 24 hours a day and then the next day the sun started on an 18 hours a day of light schedule.
As for the LED start it with the light several feet away from your plants and then gradually move it closer a little each day. A good little test is to put your hand at the crown of your plant for a minute or two. If your hand doesn't get to hot it's probably safe to say that your plant will be fine as well.
Good luck with your grow and welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom