Starting new plants and have some questions on lighting

Balthazar420

Just started my autoflowers they will be a week old tomorrow, they range about 1-3 inches tall now. Currently have them about 7 inches under a 24 watt t5 light. When can I transplant move them to my bigger lights and how far should I keep the lights? I have a 250 watt mh, 600 watt hps, or 315 watt cmh that i can move them too. was considering moving them to the 250 watt mh and keeping it about 30 inches off the plants, would this be too much for them at the current size.

Lots of different thinking on lighting. Bottom line, The lights you have will work fine. The plan you have is sound. Lots of factors are involved with what lights and how high they need to be. 30" sounds like it is to high. It should be closer to 18 to 24" It all matters how much air movement and heat. Closer is better. I run a 1000 watt HPS at around 24" with plenty of air movement around the top of the plants. They do fine. You can use the top of your hand to check temp levels. If it is uncomfortable to your hand it is for the plants too. Don't make major changes. Raise or lower light in small inkerments

Back
Top Bottom