Help with lighting

Balthazar420

Just started my autoflowers they will be a week old tomorrow, they range about 1-3 inches tall now. Currently have them about 7 inches under a 24 watt t5 light. When can I transplant move them to my bigger lights and how far should I keep the lights? I have a 250 watt mh, 600 watt hps, or 315 watt cmh that i can move them too. was considering moving them to the 250 watt mh and keeping it about 30 inches off the plants, would this be too much for them at the current size.

Just started my autoflowers they will be a week old tomorrow, they range about 1-3 inches tall now. Currently have them about 7 inches under a 24 watt t5 light. When can I transplant move them to my bigger lights and how far should I keep the lights? I have a 250 watt mh, 600 watt hps, or 315 watt cmh that i can move them too. was considering moving them to the 250 watt mh and keeping it about 30 inches off the plants, would this be too much for them at the current size.

If they're autos, I'd transplant to their final container ASAP. Autos have a tendancy to trigger flowering when their roots hit the side of the container. Any of the other above lights will be fine for veg. Just hang them high for the first day and gradually lower them. If you see the plants start to react negatively, raise them back up.

Here are a couple of charts that will help:

mh-chart.jpg

Light-Distance-Chart-1-.jpg

If they're autos, I'd transplant to their final container ASAP. Autos have a tendancy to trigger flowering when their roots hit the side of the container. Any of the other above lights will be fine for veg. Just hang them high for the first day and gradually lower them. If you see the plants start to react negatively, raise them back up.

Here are a couple of charts that will help:

mh-chart.jpg

Light-Distance-Chart-1-.jpg
Thank you this is a huge help.

Side note, always start ur autos in final pot(large pot) that they will flower in.
Thank you i definitely will start in the final pot next time. First time growing the autoflowers, roots took off much faster than i expected. When i moved from propagation tray this morning, I did notice they had some roots balled up, hopefully this doesn't harm the plants in long run. I am using 5 gallon fabric pots. Are 5 gallon pots big enough in your opinion? i read that any bigger was overkill for autoflowers.

Yea I think 5 gal will work perfectly, and yea I heard the same thing about going larger would mean an overkill.

Back
Top Bottom