Starting to flower?

Wilky

My ‘Auto Flowers’ have been under 18/6 Light cycle for 8 weeks now.
Wondering if I should flip to 12/12
as not much change in last week.
Had avice that if I did with Auto’s the yield would be poorer than keeping the same light cycle.
However had Auto’s before that turned out not to be and so flipped them after waiting 3 months.
Some pics below.
Any advice would be appreciated
19D41506-BA0F-4789-809C-4DA7BF3FC6AE.jpeg
F4F472C1-F1AF-4583-BAF0-454873E87D5E.jpeg
BACF1198-306B-4904-AAD8-6C8F94577908.jpeg

Now I'm not an auto-flower expert, but after 8 weeks I'm pretty sure most auto flowers should be swelled up with buds since most that I've seen range 8-10 weeks (give or take) from sprout to harvest.

It would seem that either those aren't auto's, or the auto part of the genetics just didn't kick in. Either way, it would probably be best to weave that canopy and get it even, turn the lights off for a day, then hit it at 12/12 and keep scrogging.

My ‘Auto Flowers’ have been under 18/6 Light cycle for 8 weeks now.
Wondering if I should flip to 12/12
as not much change in last week.
Had avice that if I did with Auto’s the yield would be poorer than keeping the same light cycle.
However had Auto’s before that turned out not to be and so flipped them after waiting 3 months.
Some pics below.
Any advice would be appreciated
19D41506-BA0F-4789-809C-4DA7BF3FC6AE.jpeg
F4F472C1-F1AF-4583-BAF0-454873E87D5E.jpeg
BACF1198-306B-4904-AAD8-6C8F94577908.jpeg
When I zoom in on your leaves it looks like you have a pest problem. You might want to take a closer look at them. I agree with the others on switching to 12/12.

I’m t
Now I'm not an auto-flower expert, but after 8 weeks I'm pretty sure most auto flowers should be swelled up with buds since most that I've seen range 8-10 weeks (give or take) from sprout to harvest.

It would seem that either those aren't auto's, or the auto part of the genetics just didn't kick in. Either way, it would probably be best to weave that canopy and get it even, turn the lights off for a day, then hit it at 12/12 and keep scrogging.
yeah I had my suspicions.
Gonna take your advice. Cheers man

I’m t

yeah I had my suspicions.
Gonna take your advice. Cheers man

It is what it is. The bad news, you're a couple months from harvest. The good news is you'll still harvest at this point. ;)

So as long as the plants are the size you want, scrog them out and flip the lights. Really with the stretch to come, you're ready with the area left to filly. Also that 24 dark period is just to try and kickstart the plants into flower mode. There's sciency stuff behind the reasoning, but the short of it has to do with flowering hormones that kick in when the dark period increases and triggers flowering. The extra 12 hours initially kind of jumpstarts that a bit.

I was gonna flip a couple of weeks ago but had to at least see.
Bummer but know where I stand at least

Exactly. I mean maybe there are auto's out there that go 2 months before they flower, but I haven't ran across them yet. I've been looking at a lot of autos in the past couple weeks, and the longest I've seen was 11 weeks from seed to harvest. Considering the strain, and it having a long flowering period to begin with, even that would still have started flowering after 4 weeks tops as an auto.

Back
Top Bottom