Starting up, have some questions. LED related.

frosown

So, I am purchasing a either 1200w from our friends TOP led Mars II 1200w or I was debating to go with two of the reflectors since they have the veg/bloom switches Reflector led grow light
I'm unsure which to choose.
There will be a total of 5 plants.
Can anyone inform me on how hot these guys run? will be running 18/6 until 12/12, it will be ran in a 48" Wide by 24" Deep by 60" Highh tent, would two 6 inch 240cfm fans(one intake and one out), and 2 clip on fans blowing on the plantsbe enough? Area isn't the best for ventilation, but not poor.
Also, best for smell control besides scrubbing carbon filters? Is ONA gel still a wonderous thing? Any help is appreciated guys!

Check out my youtube videos on the 144x3 Reflector with some info you are looking for

I still need some info.. Especially on the long term heating? How well does the entire room need to eb ventilated, do they get that hot?

AND, do you think the big reflector panel, and the smaller 90$ led, as well as 2 t5's for side lighting for the ladies will be enough for 5-6 ladies? Will be vegged till about 1.3-1.5ft and begin flower. Will they have sufficient lighting?!?! main concern :eek:

I actually have both a 300W reflector and a 700W Mars II. The reflectors are nice for veg, they have a bloom setting but it really doesn't do too much extra. The Mars II does put off a fair amount of heat, but with the fans you will be running I can't see that being a problem. You'll be hanging this light about 18 inches from the top of the plant so there will be plenty of room up top to cool. Just make sure to keep a clip fan on the canopy to push off and warm air that makes it down.

When you flower you'll probably be thankful for that carbon filter, but use everything! Ona gel is nice, febreeze, candles etc. Use everything and your results will show it.

I ended up getting the 192x3 so 576w, plus the 60x3w small guy, and um going to end up placing random cfls where needed during. May pick up one of the smaller mars, not sure yet. How much better are they then the reflectors? Do you think with what i currently am doing, ill yield out fine? (W/o the mars of course) 6 plnts.

Yeah it'll turn out fine. Those 5w diodes penetrate the canopy better, but your reflector is still dope. The only tricky part of these LEDs is that they don't advertise by true wattage. Your light has 192 3w diodes, but that doesn't mean it is a 600w light. True wattage is measure by how much it pulls, which is around 350w. You can probably get a gram per watt, but just base it on the actual wattage.

For a rectangular area the size you have, the reflector will work just fine. My Mars II stayed between 28"-36" above my plants last grow and they loved it. Any closer and I would have lost some coverage that I needed towards the end. The reflector light will yield just fine provided you have the other important stuff under control, like heat, air-flow and feeding schedule etc,. From your description, 2x 6" fans will move plenty o'air for that sized cabinet.

I have one Mars II 700 in my cabinet (42"w x 30"d x 76"h) and with it closed up there was still some heat issues (I have one 4" in-line fan and a can filter circulating for air-scrubbing and a 4.5" analog fan (like a pc box fan) pulling air into the area . I have it all in a spare room that is sealed so I grow in the cabinet, but just leave the door open most of the time. With a smaller light (less draw than your reflector) and a smaller cabinet, I still got .802gpw so you should be fine. I regulate the temp of the room with central AC, and since I don't vent the room at all, it's always a few degrees warmer than the rest of the house. If it stays under 85f, I'm fine and it usually stays right at 79-81 with thermostat set to 76f.

Back
Top Bottom