Strain: Moby Dick, The Great Whale Of Buds

DET—PDX

I am back for another grow, you can expect constant grow cycles from me.
I was gonna start a grow Jan 3 anyway, Should be a good one, this time I don’t have to flower after only 25 days now on a short time window with my grad school break.
Strain:
-Moby Dick by Dinafem, Photoperiod.
probably will only fit 3-4 plants but if 5 is the rules I’ll do 5 fem seeds. My grow method is pretty simple and totally organic. Adding some new bacteria and a few supporting lights this time around.
Nutrients:
-Nature’s Living Organic Super Soil (1lb per 5 gallon pot). Subcool’s mix with a few tweaks.

-Hi-Brix molasses for plants

-Real growers Recharge bacteria

-Mammoth P bacteria

(Optional Bloom City Organics grow box organic nutrients if needed)
-Ascorbic acid, to kill chloramine and pH the tap water.
Light:
-Timber Grow Lights Vero27 Redwood (6 COBs) 600w
-2 UV Lights
-Possibly 1-2 more COBs or CFL’s for corners
Tent:
-5x5 Apollo Tent

Co2 System:
-Titan Controls co2 Regulator, 5lb co2 Tank from local welding supply,

-Autopilot Monitor APC820 with co2 sensor. Will keep temps around 80-84 degrees when plants reach about 14 days old, Moby should be a good strain.

Other Equipment:
-Inkbird Humidity Controller w sensor
-Gallon tank Humidifier
-Vivosun 6” duct fan
-Fan speed controller
-Door flap and Weather stripping to seal grow room, double wrapped air vent.
-SCROG Net …

-Zip ties (to tame the girls)

75124471-0588-4CB8-9894-7191B41DE9AD.jpeg
30FE44B8-6E6E-433E-9EBA-BAFC291C0019.jpeg

DAY 2, exactly 24 hours after cracking open, and I pulled the plastic wrap off. All 5 Moby Dick seedlings are healthy, except for this guy!
F0BC510F-086F-4410-BA2F-C8961BBB0E70.jpeg
19149001-84A8-402C-9400-FD17E30825A3.jpeg

Fully purple first leaf set, yet a green stem and green coty leaves. Never seen this before, where with fungus normally the stem would be drooping, streteching & unhealthy, this stem is green, sturdy and not stretching in the slightest. I can only think I left the plastic on, And deprived them of light and or fresh air? Too much moisture after cracking? I think I left the wrapping on 24 hours after cracking, I checked pretty often during the 48 hour time in the pots to the time I discovered it purple. Hopefully tomorrow some drying out and air flow will help the situation, keeping a sharp eye and I’ll toss one before I let all 5 get ruined.

968e0f22-bf2e-480c-b04e-933b48eef857-jpeg.1713322
All 5 Moby Dick plants are up and healthy except for one that appears to have some poor genetics. I’m honestly not even into wasting my time anymore, so with a heavy heart I pulled her today. She will be replaced by a lone Holy Grail Kush that I will place in the middle. Should keep up no problem with moby dick, and I was sure to match the flower periods of 9-10 weeks.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
I had to move away, and it died. I started a new one, feel free to delete this one :(

Back
Top Bottom