Strains suitable for my climate

Canuckbuds

I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a certain strain that would be suitable for my area. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. About an hour from the border to Maine. I'm going to be growing outdoors and with the cold spring and fall I'm hoping to find something that grows fast with a decent yield. April to September is the time frame I'm looking at where it is probably frost free. They can be started indoors about a month prior maybe. Whenever the wife says they start to smell is when they gotta go outside.
I know these forums have a lot of very talented growers and I'm looking forward learning from them and someday be able to help someone else. Thanks so much.

Research "autoflowers" aka "autos."
They're pretty much designed for your short outdoor season.

Yeah, autos would be good.

Bear in mind that number of hours of daylight and intensity of sunlight are critical. So you'll ideally want a southern exposure with sun all day and to be growing at a time with long days and clear skies. Research the number of hours of actual daylight by month (not just hours sun is above horizon but clear, cloud-free days) and go for a time with maximum sunlight. Around the summer solstice of course, but probably mostly afterwards. For an 11 week auto grow, maybe July 1 to end of August?

Back
Top Bottom