Stressed plants turning hermie, time to cut them down?

RandyL

My third grow has not gone as well as expected. All was good until I left for vacation on July 4, and the next night my assistant gave the plants their nute mix that I had pre-mixed for them, to include several FF nutes, water, and molasses. As near as we can tell the molasses began fermenting, and F'D up the plants big time right away. Shriveled the fan leaves within a day or 2. Before that they were looking good.

It's been downhill since then. I gave them water when I returned 2 weeks later, my assistant gave them randon nutes and molasses while I was gone.

But now I've had 3 plants flat out die, totally browned out. And the others have had their female twin hairs start to develop the balls for pollen.

I used a spray bottle and wet paper towels to contain them while I pulled them all off, but if the plants have decided to go hermie on me, is it time to just cut them and let it go at that? They are about 50 days into flowering, and when I checked 2 days ago most trichomes were cloudy. No ambers yet.

I'm thinking we will chop them all in the next day or 2 and get what we got.

Are the whole plants gone hermie or is it just a few limbs? I've heard about a plant that went hermie only on one limb. The dude removed that one limb and let the rest flower. Albeit, it might be better to take what you can get and just start a new grow.

On the plants that got balls, they were up and down the main stem wherever the twin hairs had been.

The 1 or 2 that didn't get balls still have their hairs.

if your at 50 days on a 55 to 60 day strain, seeing it hermie now aint shit to worry about bro. 5 days is nowhere enough time to ruin the crop. but if your seeing em now they probably hermied a while ago and you missed some bananas. sso deep in the buds you may or may have not gotten seeds. at 50 days just let it finish. unless you have other earlier flowering plants that will get knocked up...........you know how many times i wished i could go away for the week and couldnt because im just not willing to let anyone else come into my house and anywhere near these things without me there....thats how friends bring friends and you go to jail. my son is the only one id allow to touch it.

if your at 50 days on a 55 to 60 day strain, seeing it hermie now aint shit to worry about bro. 5 days is nowhere enough time to ruin the crop. but if your seeing em now they probably hermied a while ago and you missed some bananas. sso deep in the buds you may or may have not gotten seeds. at 50 days just let it finish. unless you have other earlier flowering plants that will get knocked up...........you know how many times i wished i could go away for the week and couldnt because im just not willing to let anyone else come into my house and anywhere near these things without me there....thats how friends bring friends and you go to jail. my son is the only one id allow to touch it.

How long would it take a hermie to ruin a crop?

im in the same predicament. anyone else have herme EXP?? i walked in this morn. idk if it was because i turned on the light like 15min early or because i recently increased the lighting by 3hr from 12/12 OR because i 'super cropped' them. Out of which of these do y'all think caused it??? they are 1week into flower, balls and bananas are fresh and im wearing a latex glove to remove them, searchin branch by branch.
Should i crap them?? im 60 days from my next batch of clones.

Back
Top Bottom