Stretching

tilcer

I always seem to have an issue with over stretching. I can understand some when switching light cycles but my last couple grows I get on plant that thinks it needs to reach the heavens. I top pinch bend, do all the tricks I have read and still seem to not be able to curb this stretching problem. current I am growing hydro but willbe moving back to good old soil for my next upcoming grow. my grow space is small and probably have too much light for the grow space lol. Anyways any suggestions would be great thanks! also the strain I am currently growing is unknown. Mostly Sativa dominant which is why it IS getting tall but Christ its turning into a forest in my tent

2X4 GROW TENT WITH A 400W HPS
No real ventilation system, it gets a bit humid in there when closed but they are usually open during the light period.
I usually keep lights around 6-8" away from plants at 50% power. I guess it would be a bubble system, water reservoir with 2 air stones. plants are set in net pots. I do have a fan running in the tent to keep the air moving but no intake of air or output of air, yet.

High temperature can contribute to cannabis plants stretching. What are your grow tent temperature and humidity levels? Your best bet may be to incorporate a scrog screen and train the tops through the screen limiting the total height of your plants. You want a scrog screen 60% or more full before switching to flower.

soil will help you keep em shorter for sure
I can do a 3 week veg in hydro from seedling and in 12/12 it can stretch to the light in the tent with 78 f temps during light on
and KJC is right you could also scrog to keep height in check just a pain in the ass with dwc especially in single buckets lol
like a bubbler

Humidity has been a constant problem and as of now can't afford a dehumidifier, I keep the doors open during most of its light cycle which curbs the humidity a great deal and keeps the temp around 75. I've debated trying a scrog grow due to my small grow space thanks for the link to the video KingJohnC. My next grow is going to be soil done with the hydro have always had better results with soil.

Back
Top Bottom