Stuck in flower

Jlac

hey guys. I have 2 gelato plants that I have been growing inside since February. I took them outside in the end of May like I always do and it triggered them to flower. ( I did the same with 10 other plants and they are all fine)
One of them bounced back with me interrupting their light cycle at night but one still has not gained any new fan leaves and still little clustered of flowers.
My question is do I just let it ride out or bring it back inside to reveg ? Can it produce normal buds if I leave it go?

Ok thanks. I trimmed a lot of the bud filled branches off but let enough for new growth but some of the old flowers were molding a bit and wasn't worth the risk to the other plants. I will put up some pictures tomorrow if anyone wants to see it

Looks like every branch is a long fox tail

Yes I'm going to keep a very close eye on it as I've learned my lesson in the past. At the crotch of the main stem where you always get one big cable are the source of the mold. I disposed of them all and tonight while I take pictures I'm going to spray them with hydrogen peroxide solution

Can use some form of Sulfur foliar for the mold. In the US we have Safer Garden fungicide get the concentrate and mix and foliar on. Haven't seen any pm/mold ever since I started with Sulfur.

Also Neem works ok too.

I use neem cake and soak it in water to make a tea, strain and foliar on. Doesn't have the problems oil has. You cant mix oil with sulfur. just an FYI. Well until one of them has been washed off by rain/water spray.

Cutting off the reveg flowers was the way to go.

First time for me growing outside this year. I was told cant put plants already in flower out until 3rd week in July.

Thats all good info thank you. And yeah I will be adjusting my starting point so they don't stink out the house (wife decides when they go out lol). I do have neem oil that I've never used before. You said you don't like the oil as much but im assuming still a good option? What problems with it?

Can use some form of Sulfur foliar for the mold. In the US we have Safer Garden fungicide get the concentrate and mix and foliar on. Haven't seen any pm/mold ever since I started with Sulfur.

Also Neem works ok too.

I use neem cake and soak it in water to make a tea, strain and foliar on. Doesn't have the problems oil has. You cant mix oil with sulfur. just an FYI. Well until one of them has been washed off by rain/water spray.

Cutting off the reveg flowers was the way to go.

First time for me growing outside this year. I was told cant put plants already in flower out until 3rd week in July.
Any option change seeing it? Suggest a diluted need spray?

Thats all good info thank you. And yeah I will be adjusting my starting point so they don't stink out the house (wife decides when they go out lol). I do have neem oil that I've never used before. You said you don't like the oil as much but im assuming still a good option? What problems with it?

Neem oil and neem in general tastes really bad. So you cant foliar on the flowers, VEG plants are OK just not flowers.

If you use neem oil be sure and add a few drops of soap best if you have liquid soap without perfumes so that smell doesn't get on the plants. Soap helps with the oil and water mix to hold the oil in suspension. Shake regular while spraying.

Sulfur is a life saver with mold and pm. Use it early thru VEG and you wont have problems later in flower.

I outside with a gaggle of ladies. I do not have any flowers yet. Just starting to look like a few preflowers but thats it.

Your plant there has flowers its too early unless you're down south closer to the equator. I'm almost to Ontario so its still early here.

Just a quick update. The tops of the colas were perfect. Maybe not as dense as my bud normally turns out. The lower growth was loose and not worth much more then edibles or hash which is the plan. So don't throw out your plants if they try to flower too early. As you can see it carried a lot of leaf weight but a good trim fixed that up
IMG-20200905-WA0002.jpeg
20200826_073225.jpg

My Gelato plants are doing something a bit similar to this, I had my buddy start them indoors for me, and then I brought them outdoors, with 2 other plants treated the same way (doing fine, not gelato) It appears that the upper portion of the plant is flowering, which it should be now, but some of the lower half is not.. Maybe its the strain?? The other ones are Blue Dream and theyre doing fine. Will post pics tomorrow

Maybe next year try reducing the hours of light gradually when setting plants outside, instead of going straight from the 18:6 indoor schedule (and if you're giving your plants less than six hours of darkness per day before setting them out, that'll probably make it even more likely to cause them to shift to the flowering phase in the Spring).

Back
Top Bottom