Stunted Growth In Seedling From Potential Overwatering

goosebuds420

420 Member
Hi All,

Its been ten days above ground for my seedling and this is the growth I've had thus far, I'm thinking its definitely stunted and might be due to overwatering.

name of strain: Northern Lights Auto

Soil 70%/Perlite 30%

Was watering everyday previously but now I've cut back to every 2nd or 3rd day and always check to see if its moist down to 3 inches, probably was more than 100ml in the first week so now I'm only giving it about 25ml each time I water it.

PH is always around the 6.2-6.5 range for water.
Haven't fed it any nutrients yet and the soil is a low nutrient mix
21-25c day and night temps, although I think the yellowed ends are due to a heater malfunction where it got to 30c for around 5 minutes until I fixed it.
RH is always around 60-70

I'm wondering if it will make a recovery if I give it a week or so? I'm guessing my yield is going to be impact by this however.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
20210623_072716-Copy(1).jpg

20210623_073303-Copy(1).jpg

What kind of container? Plastic or fabric? If it’s plastic you can tilt that bucket to steep 45 angle & prop it up that way for 24 hours, it might pee and will reset the water table. But that’s a new plant in a big container which is great cuz you don’t want to transplan’t an auto. But it’s a tiny seedling in a huge container and it can’t use up they water you have already given to her. A tiny seedling needs tiny water & not too often at that. Yeah the tilt trick doesn’t work as well on fabric pots.

Water where you want roots to grow, not where they are now. it’s yellow because its hungry for nutes but overwatered. Zero new growth happens above ground until the roots first grow underground to support a bigger plant. Roots can’t breathe in constantly wet soil, they need to learn what dry is.

yes this will impact yields, you may have a permanently stunted auto on your hands time will tell. but don’t give up on her you will learn something by keeping it alive. let her go thirsty for next 3 to 4 days at a minimum. then if soil looks ready feed her some nutes at 1/2 strength but don’t pour 3 ounces out for a seedling

in the meantime if you have space for another plant then drop another bean

what kind of nutes? do you have cal mag? what size container?

What kind of container? Plastic of fabric?
Fabric 5 Gallon, Ill change my watering strategy to be further away from the plant based on the guide Sueet linked. Makes sense it would be yellowing at this age since I havent given it any nutes waiting for it to grow more leaves but Ive hindered the root growth which has complicated things.

This is the third day of it being dry, which it is looking very much so, tomorrow I'll give it a small dose of nutes in a small amount of water.

I have space for another and am mid germination for another seedling, better soil this time and understanding of the watering schedule I think I'll get it right this time.

My nutes are 12N-2P-13K-7S with 1.3% calcium, I dont have any cal mag but its on order currently.

Back
Top Bottom