Sulfur Smell Post Flushing

KenneyHo

420 Member
Ok, so I was planning on switching to flower but have run into something that is making me reconsider. After the flushing I noticed a sulfur like foul smell coming from the girls when I put them back in the tent. I’ve read a few opinions from root rot to salt build up. The smell lasted a couple hours. Runoff PH was 6.5. The girls are still green and look overall healthy but one is having some tacoing and it isn’t heat stress. Small holes have shown up on some leaves but I don’t see any bugs. They are currently in 3 gal fabric pots and I’m considering transplanting into 5 gal to see if fixed the potential issues before flipping to flower.

Strain: Northern Light Fem (Nirvana)
Day: 51-45 (oldest-youngest)
Temps: 71-81
RH: 50-60%
Soil: FFOF
Nutes: FF Trio 1/2 strength
Water PH: 6.5

I would love any and all thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!
7FF22C63-93E6-42CC-B097-C27D16881DEB.jpeg
BE5280D7-5B94-41D5-91E1-81FB265D70C7.jpeg
D1374C2C-F184-4A8B-A895-E33A327E8F45.jpeg
0B797314-A82A-41B3-AC91-96607B76BD13.jpeg
46785FCB-16EB-475E-ADCF-CB82DED58B68.jpeg

Ok, so I was planning on switching to flower but have run into something that is making me reconsider. After the flushing I noticed a sulfur like foul smell coming from the girls when I put them back in the tent. I’ve read a few opinions from root rot to salt build up. The smell lasted a couple hours. Runoff PH was 6.5. The girls are still green and look overall healthy but one is having some tacoing and it isn’t heat stress. Small holes have shown up on some leaves but I don’t see any bugs. They are currently in 3 gal fabric pots and I’m considering transplanting into 5 gal to see if fixed the potential issues before flipping to flower.

Strain: Northern Light Fem (Nirvana)
Day: 51-45 (oldest-youngest)
Temps: 71-81
RH: 50-60%
Soil: FFOF
Nutes: FF Trio 1/2 strength
Water PH: 6.5

I would love any and all thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!
ok, first, that is not tacoing, that is a normal leaf in full transpiration raising itself up toward the light... it is the sign of a happy plant. No clue about the sulfur smell, that is odd but maybe you can smell the salt that you just flushed out. Sounds perfectly normal to me. I do see spider mite damage though... those little pinprick holes in the leaves shows you where they are ... check the base of that plant for webs and little bitty almost too hard to see moving black specks. Get some spray, quick.

ok, first, that is not tacoing, that is a normal leaf in full transpiration raising itself up toward the light... it is the sign of a happy plant. No clue about the sulfur smell, that is odd but maybe you can smell the salt that you just flushed out. Sounds perfectly normal to me. I do see spider mite damage though... those little pinprick holes in the leaves shows you where they are ... check the base of that plant for webs and little bitty almost too hard to see moving black specks. Get some spray, quick.

Thank you! Is there a specific spray for spider mites? Or anything you would recommend?
I don’t see any webbing but I’ll keep an eye out.

oh,,

well, perhaps try a 50/50 mix of 91% isopropyl alcohol and water,,,, works great and no resistance build up

oh,,

well, perhaps try a 50/50 mix of 91% isopropyl alcohol and water,,,, works great and no resistance build up

Would you spray that on the soil or wherever you see signs of possible pests?

Sorry! This is my first grow!

Would you spray that on the soil or wherever you see signs of possible pests?

Sorry! This is my first grow!

yes,, spray the soil, as well, just the surface

spider mites are notoriously difficult to exterminate,, they hide so well,, no spray in the world will kill em all,,. persistence is key,,

the iso alc mix seems to have no ill affects, even with flowering plants it can be used

with insect sprays,, one must use a constant combination of products, alternating, because these little buggers develop a resistance so fast, well, it's silly

try it out,, iso costs as well,, everything does,,

How long after spraying would you put them back under the lights? I have led and just worried about light burn if the leaves are wet.

well, gee, let's think about this for a sec.

wait till they dry. completely

i always run a fan on em till i am good and positive they be dry, as i am doing this very second,, just doing a bug spray

Back
Top Bottom