Sunblaze 48 and GL 120

Droopy Dog

I have a GrowLab 120 tent and want to get a Sunblaze 48 for my moms and such till I can do another flowering in 6 weeks or so.

The problem is, the inside dimensions of the tent are 3' 11"x3' 11" (47").

The length of the Sunblaze 48 is also 47". :whoa:

In theory, it should work, and I know it will be tight, but I also don't want to poke any holes in my tent, or light it up. :rolleyes3

Just wondering if anyone has this same setup and if it will work without harm.

If it's too questionable, or not a good idea, I'll go with the 2' setup as it's just to keep my moms happy for a month or 2.

Thanks.

DD

Cool!

I had seen that you had that light and the 120L, but didn't realize that you were running 2 end to end. That answers my question.:thanks:

I didn't want to get it and find out it was a 1/2" too long or something and would damage my tent if I tried to cram it in there. :hmmmm:

DD

Cool!

I had seen that you had that light and the 120L, but didn't realize that you were running 2 end to end. That answers my question.:thanks:

I didn't want to get it and find out it was a 1/2" too long or something and would damage my tent if I tried to cram it in there. :hmmmm:

DD

DD,
I am not running them end to end. Currently they are side lights. It's tight but they will fit both cross ways or end to end. Check out my grow journal.

Nice setup SN. Looks like you got light for days.:yummy::goodjob:

I called a shop that carries both the SB48 and the GL120 and asked the same question and in their opinion, not a good idea. Mainly because it would be a bit too snug and since the cord comes out of the long end would have to be folded over very tightly to fit.

Decided to pass on the 48. Looked at some 2' set ups and did some more research/reading.

Decided the best set up would be a CFL/reflector. Looking at 125W, 200W, and the 250W, but think this should be another thread.

Thanks for the input.

DD

DD,
All you have to do is turn the lights so the cords exit at oposite ends. It's tight but would work fine. Plus the bulbs are really 46" not 48". Tomorrow I will throw a tape and get you the true dimensions of both the light housing and inside tent dimensions. Don't sell yourself short on lighting.

After my current grow I will likely buy two more 48's. I would like to end up with two on each side.

DD,
All you have to do is turn the lights so the cords exit at oposite ends. It's tight but would work fine. Plus the bulbs are really 46" not 48". Tomorrow I will throw a tape and get you the true dimensions of both the light housing and inside tent dimensions. Don't sell yourself short on lighting.

After my current grow I will likely buy two more 48's. I would like to end up with two on each side.

Sounds good. BTW I have the 120, not the 120L like you have, so it would only be 1 light.

Nothing is set in stone yet, I'm still doing research. But this light is mainly just going to be for maintaining the moms and clones that I have going.

I have 400w MH and HPS for the serious stuff.:yummy:

True dimensions will really be a great help.:thanks:

DD

Back
Top Bottom