Supper Cropping

voltron

Hey 420, if you are trying to supercrop by pinching the stem of the leaf and you actually sever it will your plant survive? Any ideas or answers, thanks in advance.

Do you mean you sever the hole stem? Like you have the whole plant in one hand and a pot with the stub in the other hand?

Yes the plant will survive it. If you are lucky and quick it wont even let the leaves hang. Put the stem back on the stub and fix it with lots of ductape. Had this twice and like I said, the plant didnt even let its leaves hang. Plant was about 90cm in one case and well over 1,30m in the other. No idea how very young plants react but when I think of how I abused some seedlngs and they did a brave comeback hmmmm.

Hey man. You want to make sure you are pinching the main stem, and not a leaf stem as this will do nothing. The desired result from super cropping is to transfer growth hormones normally concentrated to the top of your plant, to the side branches. You are tricking the plant into thinking it has lost its "top", so it then tries to replace that top by increasing side branch development. Also on the breaking of the plant, you generally want to be very careful to not do this. If there are vertical cracks in the stem after pinching and bending, this is perfectly normal. Although if you completely break it off, my advice would be to leave it alone and not try to save it. If you do try to re-attach the branch, then the plant will be concentrating all its energy to repairing that wound, and all other growth will slow significantly. If you let it be, the wound will heal faster and you can continue growth with the rest of the plant faster. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Hey man. You want to make sure you are pinching the main stem, and not a leaf stem as this will do nothing. The desired result from super cropping is to transfer growth hormones normally concentrated to the top of your plant, to the side branches. You are tricking the plant into thinking it has lost its "top", so it then tries to replace that top by increasing side branch development. Also on the breaking of the plant, you generally want to be very careful to not do this. If there are vertical cracks in the stem after pinching and bending, this is perfectly normal. Although if you completely break it off, my advice would be to leave it alone and not try to save it. If you do try to re-attach the branch, then the plant will be concentrating all its energy to repairing that wound, and all other growth will slow significantly. If you let it be, the wound will heal faster and you can continue growth with the rest of the plant faster. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

:tokin: Thanks Smokey!! I think I pinched a leaf stem lol. So you are saying the main stem in the middle is what I want to pinch and bend slightly? This would be the same stem that one would top or fim? And if so, can you do both to this stem, supercrop and fim? Let me know if I am understanding you correctly, thanks. Sorry for the questions, I'm eager to learn and I am doing a lot of reading. It helps me to be able to discuss what I think I've learned especially with one that has the knowledge. ++ Reps for the help and your GROWS!! I did break the one leaf stem on the other side leaving it with very little still attached. If I remove this completely I lose a large leaf, but that will expose more light to those smaller branches with leaves that are growing. Does this sound right from my description? Thank you again for you assistance. Once I can get pics I will post to show the hard work. I am also checking out your grows which are great. And your 2cents are worth more than 30 grams for this newbie. Priceless

Yea man, pop that leaf right off. Trust me, it's no big deal to lose one leaf. And yes, you can super crop and FIM with no problems. And yes, it is the main stem you want to pinch and bend. Just pick a spot about 2 or 3 nodes down from the top of the plant, soften it up with a light pinch on both sides, and gently bend her over. That is all it takes. You can also super crop you side branches if they start getting to tall for your liking.

Get some pics up, and I can try to help you out more. But it sounds like you are understanding what I am talking about. Good luck!

Do you mean you sever the hole stem? Like you have the whole plant in one hand and a pot with the stub in the other hand?

Yes the plant will survive it. If you are lucky and quick it wont even let the leaves hang. Put the stem back on the stub and fix it with lots of ductape. Had this twice and like I said, the plant didnt even let its leaves hang. Plant was about 90cm in one case and well over 1,30m in the other. No idea how very young plants react but when I think of how I abused some seedlngs and they did a brave comeback hmmmm.

Sorry Gonzo, I found out that I only severed a leaf stem. I know, I know that's funny, but a better situation than severing my main stem. Glad to hear that a main stem can still recover from that trauma. +reps for that nugget of info. You can make a newbie a lil braver with ducttape LOL. Thanks again, I am working on correcting my mistake. At least that one.

Yea man, pop that leaf right off. Trust me, it's no big deal to lose one leaf. And yes, you can super crop and FIM with no problems. And yes, it is the main stem you want to pinch and bend. Just pick a spot about 2 or 3 nodes down from the top of the plant, soften it up with a light pinch on both sides, and gently bend her over. That is all it takes. You can also super crop you side branches if they start getting to tall for your liking.

Get some pics up, and I can try to help you out more. But it sounds like you are understanding what I am talking about. Good luck!

:thumb: Huuuuuge grin on my face. I will work on those pics this week. And keep you posted. Also going over your grow journal's as we type. LOL. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom