Supplementary CFL lighting: 125 Or 250 watt?

sullymonster

last night i added my 125w 6400k cfl as supplementary lighting ( light on the right side of tent ) and the ladies have definitely responded positively. i think in my small space the 400w hps (left-side) would have been fine if i had pruned but with all the over crowding supplementary lighting is the only way to go.

with the added cfl temps/humidity are a prefect 73f/33%

tomorrow i was going to get a red cfl to replace the blue one - my question is would a 125w be enough or should i go for a 250w ?? also if i was going to go for the 250w would the extra wattage raise the temps to high ??
what sort of distance should a 250w cfl be away from the top of the plant ??

tomorrow will be day 21 of 12/12 - i have included a pic of one of the tops

securedownload-11.jpeg

securedownload-10.jpeg

please check out my first timers journal when you get a sec -

1st grow White Rhino - cfl / hps - help much appreciated

The more watts/lumens the better. If your temps stay in check you can't have too much light.

I am at 2064 watts on this grow and plan to add more on the next grow.

whats size is your grow space bud??

will probably go with the 125w cfl as opposed to the 250w, as with the 125w blue cfl and the 400hps temps today have hit 83f and i wouldn't like to go much higher.

Exactly what Screwnuts said, as long as temp and RH are good there can't be too much light. Example: The 1000w Hortilux bulbs put out around 147,000 lumens which is pretty much the biggest bulb you can get. Outdoor growers use the sun, the sun emits 6840000000000000000000000000 lumens. If you don't believe me do some research.....aren't you glad lumens aren't bad for humans. Good luck bro.

You're setup looks sweet man. I personaly would opt for the 250watt CFL if money wasn't an issue. I see you have an exhaust fan but what type of intake fan or oscillating interior fan are you running? If you see temps climbing maybe its time to up grade the fan. Just a thought, that way you could get away with the 250watt if heat is you're only issue..

last night i added my 125w 6400k cfl as supplementary lighting ( light on the right side of tent ) and the ladies have definitely responded positively. i think in my small space the 400w hps (left-side) would have been fine if i had pruned but with all the over crowding supplementary lighting is the only way to go.

tomorrow i was going to get a red cfl to replace the blue one - my question is would a 125w be enough or should i go for a 250w ?? also if i was going to go for the 250w would the extra wattage raise the temps to high ??

securedownload-11.jpeg

securedownload-10.jpeg

securedownload-11.jpeg

securedownload-10.jpeg

I'm in (kind of) the exact same situation. I have a crap chinese box type light (130 true watts with bloom and veg switches both on) that came with the 2x2 tent (first grow). I got some 130 true watt, 5500k cfl's for veg. I been looking for about 4, 2700k, 50ish true watt, screw in 26/27e cfl's. I know this is a very old post, but did you ever find flowering (2700k'ish) cfl's at a larger wattage? if so can you let me know where?

I'm in (kind of) the exact same situation. I have a crap chinese box type light (130 true watts with bloom and veg switches both on) that came with the 2x2 tent (first grow). I got some 130 true watt, 5500k cfl's for veg. I been looking for about 4, 2700k, 50ish true watt, screw in 26/27e cfl's. I know this is a very old post, but did you ever find flowering (2700k'ish) cfl's at a larger wattage? if so can you let me know where?
Hello @Damien102 hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
That post is from 2009 and that member probably won't answer your question.
If you have a question post it here.
Also introduce yourself to everyone so we can all say hi.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom