Switching clones from dwc to soil......HELP!

khackylacky

i am rooting clones in a diy bubbler that seems to be working very well because the clones have begun to show small roots popping out. i use soil as a grow medium and was wondering if my clones would be fine if they were switched to soil? also, i have my clones freely (meaning no rockwool) suspended in sites a little bigger than the stem itself, so when i pull them out theres just gonna be some nice roots, is it safe to plant them in soil this way?

Sure. Just gently sift soil into and around the roots as you plant them in the pots, then fill up to the level you want for the soil and firm it gently. Water so all of the soil gets soaked the first time, then water as the top inch of soil starts to dry out. After you see them take off a normal wet / dry cycle can be implemented.

I see no reason why It couldnt be done while their young. I wouldnt try doing this with older plants though. I find that soil is a more forgiving medium than hydroponics. I dont know why you wouldnt just avoid all the trouble and just root them in soil from the start using a good cloning gel.

Ive seen and smoked several great strains grown hydropinically, and alot of growers wouldnt grow any other way. Your right, when you grow with hydroponics it is faster to finish the plants. Ive yet to try any other method other than soil though. I just like going...I guess you can call it the more natural route.

SG

Back
Top Bottom