Switching inside

crackablunt

hey everybody i am growing my first plant and it is looking great, full, and hairy. i have been growing it outside for about 4 months but would like to bring it inside. what type of lights and how many lights and how faraway should i put them from my plant. Also should i keep it at 12/12 like its been outside or should i switch it to 24/24. im not sure when your supposed to switch the lighting or for what reason. any and all information would be great about bringing my plant inside. thanks all!
Chappy

Keep the light cycle 12/12. You either can get a HID light (Hps, Mh) or CFLs, or LED. I personnaly think HPS would be your best choice. It will get hot so dont keep it too close to the plants or they will get burned!

thanks so much, i ment to ask this in the initial question but it has been about 4 months since i have been growing my plants and i havnt had any sighns of buds. Am i just worryig for no reason or should i do something about it?

Your plant will not start to flower outside untill the photo period has changed to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. All growth before this period is called the vegitave growth stage. You will be able to tell the sex of the plant withen the first 2 weeks of fowering. So just hope for a female!

Your plant will not start to flower outside untill the photo period has changed to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. All growth before this period is called the vegitave growth stage. You will be able to tell the sex of the plant withen the first 2 weeks of fowering. So just hope for a female!
This is wrong and a misconception indoor growers have due to their requirement to put the plants on a 12/12 regime to induce flowering. It's not the same outdoors. My outdoor plants are flowering and have been for about 2 weeks now. Actual bud growth too. We are still getting really close to 14 hours of light a day as well. Here is a chart with todays sunset and sunrise times...

Begin civil twilight 6:00 a.m.
Sunrise 6:28 a.m.
Sun transit 1:12 p.m.
Sunset 7:55 p.m.
End civil twilight 8:23 p.m.

You should have "NO" problems identifying the sex of your plant after 2 months of vegetive growth. There should be plenty of preflowers showing you this by this age.

thanks racefan, yea i know its a female. i have another question about my firsr question about what lights to use. stoner grower gave me a list of lights and i looked into a couple of them. He suggested the hps, which i learned was a high pressure sodium lights and they looked good. what wattage hps light should i use and how many should i buy. thanks again
Chappy

You dont really need that high of a wattage if you only have one plant. And you will only need one light system. With HPS your gonna need a ballast and your going to have to wire it up. You could get away with just a 150 watter for 1 plant. You need at least 2000 lumens per square foot. So check the lumen output of the light sytem you want to get. And measure the size of your grow area.

so i just got back from the home depot with a hps light and one of those light fixtures that you would put over a snake cage or a fish tank. you know what im talkin about with the clip. well i didnt read your last post untill now and the hps light wont work in the socket fixture that i got. stonergrower, would one of the other lights that you suggested fit into the lamp that i got?? thanks again
Chappy

Back
Top Bottom