t-5 and 2 400w hps

Lurch Farmer

I have a 4' x 8 bulb t-5 52w-6500k and 2 400w hps
and these fine ladies
sour-d #11 veg-56 day from seed were going to alternate site under the 2 400w ,
IMG_185112.JPG

and 2 clons and a reveg from the other grow, already started training form scrog, can't be moved from the room due to stealth access of the space.
IMG_185011.JPG

The screen on the cone/reveg is already 2x2,(4 sq ft) and planed for the stretch to fill 4x6 under 2 600w
Without the 600w ers NOT ENOUGH LIGHT
I got my ebb sys figured out aside from no top of the canopy access to the back of the room,
The t-5 will run side to side with a 400 on ether long side and the scrog will be worked up the end walls
I am wondering if I am wasting my time putting the t-5 in , as this will mean no veg for a followup run but would dual spectrums be a benefit ?
:peace:

The question is kind of hidden in the above text and not stated very clearly. If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you would benefit from having a 6500K T5 HO lamp run on the outside edge of the grow. This HOT5 is an 8 bulb fixture which means that it is roughly 18" wide. If you place it into the flowering room, your next grow will not get any veg time. Is all of these correct?

If so, no it is not worth it. You are going to lose 2 months (give or take) in veg time and growth from the following grow. That by itself makes this a losing proposition. While adding the wider spectrum into your grow area will help some, you are blocking the majority of the light with the fixture of the T5's. In totality, you are actually losing light and losing veg time for the following grow for the added benefit of a little different spectrum. This is a short and long term reduction in growth.

My buddy would use the T-5 over these 4 ladies and have that light handle the daily regular 12/12... Then kick on the 400 watt lights for 2-3 hours in the middle of the 12daytime cycle.

If it screws up your orientation/timing then don't do it. 1 400 W will handle that no problem... In fact a 400W HPS would make that small setup go great....

see that would work if my veging ladies weren't already covering a 3x3' area when they flip 12/12 and 45 days later they WILL cover 5x5 or more
4x5_veg_0015.JPG

I would use the t5 if the ladies were bagseed only cause I would not mind fluffy nugs But as they are grape ape I need them under hps for quality
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom