T5 Floros for mothers and clones?

italianfudge

I am very limited on how much vertical room I have so really want to use this system. With this said I am only wondering IF this will work, not I should change my setup. Will this get the job done ?
I want to purchase some T5 floros for my mothers and clones.
For my mothers I want to use a Four Lamp Four Foot High Output T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System. This system emits 20,000 lumens of light. With a 6400K bulb.

About this system:

* Overall Dimensions: 47" Long x 10" Wide x 3" Deep
* Choice of 4' High Output 6400K GROW BULBS (F54T5HO) and 4' High Output 3000K BLOOM BULBS Included.
* High Output bulbs have extremely high lumen per watt rating - 5,000 lumens per bulb! This system emits an incredible 20,000 lumens of a wide full-spectrum of light!
* T5 bulbs are available in different light spectrums to allow for customization of light spectrum.
* Lamps emit very little heat, allowing you to hang the fixture very close the the plant canopy. Since this unit runs so cool, you can place the light right on top of your plants - THIS DRAMATICALLY INCREASES YOUR YIELDS!
* T5 bulbs have an outstanding 24,000 hour life expectancy (one year is 8,760 hours) and unlike sodium or halide bulbs, a T5 loses very little of its' light output over its' life.
* Solid State DIGITAL Electronic Ballast emit very low heat and is virtually SILENT.
* MULTI-VOLT Electronic Ballast operates on 120 Volt (household current) or 240 Volt AUTOMATICALLY! 10' Grounded Plug plugs into standard household receptacle.
* Top Quality Highly Reflective 95%+ polished Aluminum Reflector for Maximum Light Output unlike competitions unpolished "tin" type reflector.
* Locking Lamp Sockets hold lamps in place properly and will not allow for the lamps to fall out.

For the clones I want to use 2 2' foot T5 4,000 lumens floros.And a 6500K bulb.

About the system:

* Low Profile - only 2.25 inches !
* 24" (2 feet) Long MINI T5 - perfect for seed-starting or cloning!
* Two 2' High Output Bulbs Included (T5 F24HO)
* High Output bulbs have extremely high lumen per watt rating - 2,000 lumens per bulb! This system emits an incredible 4,000 lumens!
* Lamps emit very little heat, allowing you to hang the fixture very close the the plant canopy. THIS DRAMATICALLY INCREASES YOUR YIELDS!
* T5 bulbs have an outstanding 24,000 hour life expectancy (one year is 8,760 hours) and unlike sodium or halide bulbs, a T5 loses very little of its light output over its life.
* Solid State Electronic Ballast emit very low heat and is virtually SILENT.
* Electronic Ballast operates on standard Household Current (120v)
* Innovative Design has ballast placed beside lamps, not above lamps (like competitive fixtures do) allowing them to run cooler and last longer
* Sleek Design and Attractive Finish make this the best looking T5 fixture on the market!
* Top Quality Highly Reflective 95%+ polished Aluminum Reflector for Maximum Light Output unlike competitions unpolished "tin" type reflector.
* Locking Lamp Sockets hold lamps in place properly and will not allow for the lamps to fall out.
* Convenient On/Off Switch

Re: T5 Floros for mothers and clones ?

Yes, this will work. I currently use a 2ft. 4 bulb T5 for vegging along with a few CFL's and T8 bulbs to veg under. I am going to put 3 LST'd mothers under my lights in a few weeks so you will be golden. Start growing already :slide:

SANY0164.JPG

WHATS UP MAN!!!! Good kuck with the grow. This is all i'm using, check out my grow here under my name "happiehippie".

I keep it a foot away and there is no heat issues. It has these babys growing so fast, I have to raise the light 2" A DAY!!!!!!!!

Ilove my T5 man!!!!....you will too.................PIECE

How Big Will Mothers Get ?

Using this light set up how big will my mothers get ? If I can avoid digging out the area where my veg room will be that would be sweet. I have 4 and a half feet now. So how big will my mothers get ?

WHATS UP MAN !!!! They will get as big as you want them. If you are comming from seed, you need to let them get about a foot to 18" till its decent and there strong enough to start budding, they need to mature. This will usually get you a 4' tall plant , give or take a few inches either way depending on strain. Some peaple even do what they call "12/12".....It starts the flower stage right from the get go.

Hope this helps....and I'm throwing new pics of what these lights will do later today at my thread, check it out.........PIECE

You have more than enough room to maintain a Mother Plant. If she gets too tall then cut some clones and there goes the height issue :slide:

T5 work great on mothers and clones, I use em and will be replacing my 400 hps with 2 more 4ft t5. for mothers. they rock! My plants get too big in fact.

someone plz clear this up. T= the diamater of the bulb, so if i have 2 48" t5 and 2 t8 48' bulbs with the same spectrum, i will be fine? as long as the spectrum is the same.. correct?

So t5 are still viable for flowering period right?

On my clones I find the t5 are too strong and slow down cloning times. (But they work.) I use the silver shade with a light socket built in you buy a Homedepot and screw a 25k 13watt compact flouro. I get quicker rooting times.
I use a 6 lamp 4' t5HO with 65k lamps for my veggers and have amazing growth.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom