t5 lighting?

barto

hi all, new to the forum and have not grown anything since the mid 70's

I am now a cardholder and want to start my first crop

I'd like to use t5 ho lighting as I am a fan of the lower energy consumption and lower heat output

Does anyone know if I can do a complete grow cycle under t5's

veg and bud stages

what "temp" bulbs should be used?

I'm pretty sure that 6500 kelvin is correct for the veg stage, I'm not sure about budding

thanks and looking forward to working thru learning curve

2700k for Flowering. The Bigger the better, Meaning go for the 6 or 8 light t5's
Also you may use CFL.
There are Many Growers having Super harvests using Flo's
Happy Growing!
:welcome: barto
You gonna Like Here My Friend. :cheer:

I'm pretty sure that 6500 kelvin is correct for the veg stage, I'm not sure about budding

thanks and looking forward to working thru learning curve
Hi, I have gone all the way with 6500. 2700 is correct for flower, but I used to flower under a warm MH bulb too.
Different stroaks for different folks.
Peace brother

:peace:

thanks for pointing me at your grow thread, it looks great

I also see that the correct term is flowering, not budding

one more step for me along learning curve!

this will be a work in progress, I want to use my mechanical (water heater, radiant heat manifold) room to grow

the advantage:
room already has fresh air intake (combustion air for water heaters)
room already has exhaust thru the roof (chimney/vent for water heater)
water is already in the room
power is already in the room
drain is in the room

disadvantages:
this room is the source of all the domestic heat in my home, temp control *may* be an issue
I will have to add one more fresh air intake to allow for adequate air flow/air changes
chimney pipe will have to be upgraded to "direct vent" type of pipe
(dual pipes, heater exhause goes uo the inner pipe, and room exhaust will go up the outer pipe)
mechanical room is directly under the kitchen, so I'll have to seal everything very well so as not to "stink" up the kitchen and the rest of the house
I have to move the back wall of a closet that adjoins the room to get my max working space
when ready, my grow space will be approx 6.5' x 7' x 8' tall

I'll take pictures along the way as I set up the room and ask for advice as I go

changing the chimney pipe is no big deal as I work in the HVAC trades, and do this type of work daily

with that much space and the ability to easily vent your barking up the wrong tree going with t5s.... 600w hps for flowering in that area or divide it up and use t5's for vegging mothers and clones and hid for budding them out

thanks for the suggestion, but redoing my mech room into a grow room got put on hold

I scored a killer deal on a BC Northern Lights BloomBox

it's up and running, thanks to my caregiver that had clones ready to drop in there and let this box work it's magic

<------i grew that bud under a six tube T5 fixture with mixed bulbs. you cant see them in the pic but i have 2 more plants under the same light on the right and the left. if you mix the bulbs you wont have to buy six of each. i was able to keep the lights about 8 to 12 inches from the tops. i was able to grow two super silver haze and one C4 under the one fixture...i wouldnt go ver three plants. oh and i grew them from clones and i only vegged them for about 2 weeks after i got the clones. hope this helps.

i just harvested from a t5 grow, 8 bulb 6 blue 2 red for veg and 6 red 2 blue for flower and it turned out great , i got 12 oz dry out of 6 plants in a 2x4 closet the colas were huge as long and as big around as my arm it seemed like it took a little longer but the shit is unreal i grew martian mean green i will post pics when i can figure it out ,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

i just harvested from a t5 grow, 8 bulb 6 blue 2 red for veg and 6 red 2 blue for flower and it turned out great , i got 12 oz dry out of 6 plants in a 2x4 closet the colas were huge as long and as big around as my arm it seemed like it took a little longer but the shit is unreal i grew martian mean green i will post pics when i can figure it out ,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

sweet 12 zips from 6 on your t5, well done. I am curious how many watts your 8 bulb burns? looking foward to seeing those pics

Back
Top Bottom