Teas and brews/bewildered

hey look up veganics its the new old thing. Bags of tea that humans drink kick up biological life in soil and i'm sure feed the plant. Dried bananas or bananas in general are great plant food and worm food to.

i'v just discovered a tea of, EWC + aquashield + ZHO powder + molassas ...

brew it together for 48 hours, and its good for DWC's to fight slime/root rot, for leaves to fight off molds and disease, clones to fight damping off, etc. sounds like a miracle soup to me.

My tea recipe...per 5 gallon bucket... 1 pound of Compost (i like Dr. Earth's), 2 tablespoons Fish Hydrolysate (Bio Marine from General Organics), 2 taplespoons liquid Seaweed (Seaplex from Organicare), 2 tablespoons Molasses (Whole Foods brand), 2 tablespoons Humic acid (I like Humbolt Nutrients), and I little beneficial bacteria ZHO powder or Great White, and maybe a little Peruvian Bat Guano (high phosphorus) for peak bloom. I heard of a new nutrient by the old Advanced Nutrients Ph.D who invented Big Bud and Overdrive. He works for a differnet company now, Green Planet I think... and invented an organic nutrient called MEDI-1 marketed at the medical grower obviously. Supposodly a good all in one tea nutrient if you want to keep it simple.. with humic acid, liquid kelp, sulfate of potash, fish hydrolysate. You can either brew fungal dominant tea or bacterial dominant tea. Cannabis likes a mix of both. The key is to use dechlorinated water which means a dechlorinator or an R/O system. They say that bubbleing tap water for 24 hours is o.k. but that will only kill chlorine and not chloramines. So invest in an R/O machine or at least a dechlorinator. Just bought one myself for outdoor. Get a Double Garden House Filter housing and run a carbon filter in each housing. Don't get the clear blue housing: get the white or black housing. About 50$ for the housing and 20$ for each filter.

Heres a link for a good one, relatively cheap that has an amazing 20,000 gallon chlorine removal capacity which is amazing. Garden Hose Filters – Pure Water Products, LLC
the filters are listed under fcoo1 and are called KX+1 nominal 0.6 micron carbon filters.
Oh and brew tea between 24 and 48 hours. Like Nibec said. Good for foliar to feed and fight of disease and pests. Even good in recirculating hydro to take the edge of synthetic nutrients.

I'm just an outdoor gardener ... I have recently bought a pump/heater and airstones to brew compost tea

2 recipes that I use...

(1st one is for general garden plants during spring and summer and will be added once a month via drenching aswell as applied on the leaves via waterbucket....

2nd recipe is for lawns and will be added via foliar spray once a month)....

I currently use pond water as we have 3 large ponds in my village that are teeming with life/fish .... the water is groundfed (there are no streams/rivers that feed the ponds) ... I have not tested the ph though, but will do so shortly

recipes are for 5 gallon batches (25 litres), and I set the heater temp at 20 degrees C, and have a 150mm circular airstone on the bottom of the bucket, and a 150mm long cylindrical airstone in the bucket .... I brew for 24 hrs, then add the nutrients at the end just before using the tea

recipe 1 for all plants/shrubs in the garden)

heat and aerate the pond water overnight, then add the following after 12 hrs:

2 heaped tablespoons of black strap unsulphered molasses (organic)

2 cups of worm humis

1 cup of homemade well rotted compost

1 cup of forest topsoil

1 cup of normal garden topsoil (from my own garden)

1/2 cup of volcanic rock dust (available from B&Q)

I brew this for 24 hrs at 20 degrees C, then add the following (doses are what is recommended on the labels on the bottles)

Biobizz Fish mix

plant magic oldtimer grow

maxicorp seaweed extract

root juice

bio silicon

biowetter (yucca extract)

I don't place the ingredients in a bag/stocking, as I use a watering bucket to distribute

--------------------------

recipe 2 (for lawns)

for lawns, the same recipe as above, however, I will substitute the root juice with Canna Nitrogen 27% (To green it up quicker) .... I may also add 1/4 cup of bloodmeal (for extra nitrogen) .... this will be added with a sprayer (low pressure and with a straight nozzle with a #20 nozzle (400 micron), and will be added once per month from April till the end of October

for mid November, I will change the recipe and look at subsituting the Nitrogen with a higher P and K ingredient such as Bat Guano (the one with the low Nitrogen), ... that will be the last feed until spring the next year

for the lawn fertilizer/tea, ingredients will be placed in a paint strainer bag with a 400 micron mesh during brewing, together with the one airstone in the bag, and the circular airstone on the bottom of the bucket

---------------------------

the gardens where I am using compost tea have water butts, so I will water the plants with that water (instead of chlorine tap water through a hose, as everything in those gardens have been planted using rootgrow) (these are small new gardens in a new build area)

the trick with compost tea is that you need a decent sized airpump (minimum size must be 45 litres per minute), and you need to use water that has no chloramine (cholorine is ok if you bubble it for a few hrs before using as this gets rid of the chlorine)

if you are using it as a foliar spray, you need to be careful as most sprayers will kill most of the beneficial bacteria/fungi .... many guys now use concrete sprayers

if you use a bag to filter, you need a bag with a mesh of minimum 400 microns .... a paint strainer bag is ok (dont use womans stockings)

if you brew, 12 hrs is enough for a bacterial dominated tea ... 24 hrs for a fungal tea ... brewing temperature must not exceed 20 degrees C

at the end of the brewing, the brew should smell like soil/sweet .... if it smells sour, dont use it... the brew has to be used as soon as possible after switching off the airpump ....

and clean all items straight after (I fill the bucket with clean water and add a few capfulls of the stuff used to clean baby's bottles, then let the airpump run for an hour or so, so as to clean the airstones .... after that, risnse everything again with clean water, so as to get rid of the bleach smell from the baby bottle cleaner)

I'm still learning, but thats the way I understand it so far

hey look up veganics its the new old thing. Bags of tea that humans drink kick up biological life in soil and i'm sure feed the plant. Dried bananas or bananas in general are great plant food and worm food to.

If I can find the issue of HT that has Kyle's article all about veganics I will pm you the issue #
Have heard alot of good things re: Taste and such. Haven't tried it yet but the tea bags sounds like an easy thing to set aside without a bunch of stink pissin of the ol lady

Back
Top Bottom