Temperature & Humidity Concerns

Eugor

in my 4x4 grow tent the current temperature is 21c and 46% RH

is this sufficient? I have a humidifier on the max setting but can't seem to go higher than this.

do not worry. you can always hang wet towels into buckets to quickly do it too. but that rh is ok assuming your plants are young and not covered in leaves yet. There are lots of d.i.y ways to get moisture up when it is really low (25%) spraying walls of tent to leave moisture , i spray the top of my buckets(Lids) too so that they can evaporate through the plants body when lights are on. Recently read a member using a "vicks" plug in atomizer/mister without the menthol . it looked wicked and misted a fine steam out. Maybe a facial steamer on a timer in the corner( would need reg top ups but feasible). your rh isnt low enough to worry at all and in reality is ok. hope this makes sense.
If you start a journal in here , it will be easier to get support. We can see your set up and plants ect... so can have a good idea of what issues may be happening. easy to start one and great to record your input for future grows too. Not to mention getting lots of positive comments and support. If you hit the link in my green signature below for " Useful link for new members" There are simple guides to getting one going. good luck and welcome

Some more information:
They are on 18 hours of day 6 hours of sleep cycle
they are about 5-6 weeks old, came from clones.
strain is chemdog
lights are solarsystem 550

do you think they will be alright?

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image2 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg
    718 KB · Views: 113
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 119
  • SolarSystem550-1-1_800x.jpg
    SolarSystem550-1-1_800x.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
:thumb:Everything looks to be fine there Eugor. The temp. and rh. are on par and your plants look healthy. I use the DN. grow A and B as well and am having great results with it at 1/4 strength in hydro. My canopy temp. holds the same as yours but the rh. fluctuates with the out side air. with no problems at all. It hit a low of 22% over the winter and now sits at 61%. Lots of hard growth and vegetation will play a big part in your RH.

All looks beautiful . Nothing to worry about there at all. as they are still developing the leaves , the rh will rise soon enough and you will be playing the game in reverse. lol . If you start the journal ( so easy to do honestly) We can walk alongside you till harvest time too. Be good to look back on for you when you are growing beasts with confidence.

Temp and humidity are both a bit low but this won't make or break your grow. And least it shouldn't.

In the early days, I had grows at close to 0% humidity and at close to 100% humidity, and I didn't face disaster either time. Obviously the plants will be most comfortable if you're within the optimal ranges but cannabis is an extremely resilient plant.

Do you have an exhaust fan currently running? If you do, it likely sucking too much of your humidity out of the tent.

I just looked at your pics and you have the exact same Honeywell humidifier I have, and your tent is also about the same size as mine. I keep my humidifier at the lowest setting and humidity stays around 70% consistently. I don't see an exhaust fan... so I wonder why it's below 50%.

I just looked at your pics and you have the exact same Honeywell humidifier I have, and your tent is also about the same size as mine. I keep my humidifier at the lowest setting and humidity stays around 70% consistently. I don't see an exhaust fan... so I wonder why it's below 50%.

I do have an exhaust fan and I believe it's sucking a lot of humidity out either, not sure what to do about it. It's at the lowest setting.

I do have an exhaust fan and I believe it's sucking a lot of humidity out either, not sure what to do about it. It's at the lowest setting.
If you're at around 46% consistently, I wouldn't worry about it. At 21 degrees C / 70 degrees F your optimal humidity would be 60-65%. Though you are below that, it shouldn't have a significant impact at the end of the day.

Is odor a concern at this point? Odor often doesn't become a problem for me until the final 2-3 weeks of flowering. If odor hasn't become a concern yet then maybe you can turn the exhaust fan off. That would definitely bring humidity up considerably. But as mentioned above, high humidity in late flowering increases the risk of mold. It's something you learn to dial-in over time as you become more experienced.

They make timers which do all kinds of different intermittent things. Consider getting one where you could run the fan 1 minute out of every 5 minutes or so. You need to have an exchange of air in that tent.

You need to have an exchange of air in that tent.
An active intake fan would be handy in a case like this. It would bring a steady supply of air/CO2 into the tent, and you wouldn't have an exhaust sucking all the humidity out. Can be found for ~ $30 on Amazon. Something like this: VIVOSUN 4 inch Inline Duct Booster Fan 100 CFM, HVAC Exhaust Intake Fan, Low Noise & Extra Long 5.5' Grounded Power Cord

1666044831978.png

Personally i think that when growing fewer plants and the age that the plant is at , Rh would be low due to less leaf to transpire. I have this issue every grow. ( not an issue at all !) Until i have more established plants then the Rh rises naturally. If it is a concern during early veg and the temp is rising( seasonal issue) , then i hang soaking wet towels over buckets. once they dry out i redip them in the buckets and back hanging. This has worked great for me with no humidifier for decades. as i mentioned before too. If you spray the tents walls with water , it can temporarily raise the rh but it soon gets evaporated so wont risk mould either. All in all your rh isnt bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom