Temperature

Guy Cavallero

I see that temperature must play a pretty large role in this. So what is the ideal temperature for these ladies to thrive? I'm using a 1600W LED in a small space and although they say heat isn't an issue, it is and I want to make sure. If I need additional fans etc......to exchange air for now. I have an 2400 Can fan that will be installed with the charcoal filter, will the negative pressure created on the tent make a difference on temp? What's an ideal range? My tent can get as high as 37°c and an RH of 55-60%. The girls seem happy still.

Re: Temperature.

After converting °c to °f, seems like 97°F is too warm. Time to think about cooling too. We're renovating this house , so it has no AC yet . How anyone lived without AC for 50 years here is beyond me. I'm going to do a 12" floor fan on the concrete floor for now, that should suffice. AC is definitely in the works, just not yet.

Would temperature cause this?
420-magazine-mobile1203210143.jpg

For now I have open the vent on the bottom of the tent as well as the six inch hole along the side of the tent beside the 12 inch fan that's going 24 hours. That should help with temperature and as I said I also gave them a good drink each. Tacoing is definitely a new term to me, thanks so much for your help.

After converting °c to °f, seems like 97°F is too warm. Time to think about cooling too. We're renovating this house , so it has no AC yet . How anyone lived without AC for 50 years here is beyond me. I'm going to do a 12" floor fan on the concrete floor for now, that should suffice. AC is definitely in the works, just not yet.

Way hot my brother. You want them at 76 to 78 ideally. Max of 85 or so. You're running a whole gamut of risks above that. How humid are you?

It's the new 1600w led. It's a whole new ball game lol. Thanks for your comments GTR, I'm working on it. Problem is I'm not a the house all the time as I'm renovating it and living in another home. Every change is a drive over lol. I'll go over and check it now. Thanks again guys.....

I'm running 400watt mars , a 600 watt, and an 180 bloom pro led. Temps are about 85-90. I bought a better intake fan (with speed controller) and that brought my temps down a lot, along with a bigger extraction fan to replace more fresh air per minute (if I read that right from the book) I'm using a 6" apollo duct (370cfm) and temps now range from 77-80

For now I have open the vent on the bottom of the tent as well as the six inch hole along the side of the tent beside the 12 inch fan that's going 24 hours. That should help with temperature and as I said I also gave them a good drink each. Tacoing is definitely a new term to me, thanks so much for your help.
With that type of heat your just breeding bacteria everywhere, I will be soil gnats first then leaves claw like crazy, and eventually powdery mildew or bud roit or root issues get them to 85 tops and that's with Co2

Ive got the temperature down to around 30°c. Still high, UT I'll work on getting it lower. Thanks Nugz for your advice and for making me almost crap my pants....lol. Seriously though, thanks to everyone. As stated in my grow journal, this is my first time and everything seems like a big deal to me.......this time it is, so I'm glad it's being addressed.

Would a high temperature slow down the growth? I have some seedlings that were planted on Apr 27 and they are maybe 2" high. I don't have a thermometer in the grow room, but it's pretty warm in there. I keep it fairly humid in there by evaporation. I can't think of what would cause it to be so slow growing.

I I made a quick change over of my lights and brought all of the temperatures under control for the day today ....... Thank God that's over!

Fly tier, for comparison sake.......
420-magazine-mobile1516371898.jpg

I didn't take photos tonight, but these were taken last night on day 14 from seed.....

Fly tier, for comparison sake.......
420-magazine-mobile1516371898.jpg

I didn't take photos tonight, but these were taken last night on day 14 from seed.....

That's a nice looking plant. This one is 20 days from seed, taken a few minutes ago. It's healthy enough, just real small.

DSCI0835a.jpg

I will be when they are transplanted. This WW is in the process though:

DSCI0837a.jpg
What day is she on, is she an auto?

Back
Top Bottom