Tent humidity control

ridefas78

i'm having trouble now that i'm getting into week 4 of flower my rh especially at night is making me worry. i have 6 plants in a 4x4 with a 20 pint dehumidifier. i have a ac infinity fan that i've just set to always run at medium speed that's exhausting out a window and i have a cheap inline booster fan for a pulling cool air from the room into the tent. the rh during the day is fine 40-50s but at night with the light off i saw it last night get up to 60. where i live we are having humid conditions but i would still like to be able to have it right

Turn up the exhaust, keep the room you're pulling from as low as possible. With quicker air replacement, it should help. I run mine at full blast from mid flower on. With a 70ppd dehuey running for the overall space, the RH is typically between 45% and 50%.

You may need a bigger humidifier to keep up in the room.

You can take some of the large fan leaves to help cut back a bit. (Less leaves, less transpiration, less increase in RH.)

If you got a bigger unit for the room, it may be possible to put the small one in the tent.

If it continues to be of issue, look for strains that are more resistant to mold and bortritis to help offset conditions.

Turn up the exhaust, keep the room you're pulling from as low as possible. With quicker air replacement, it should help. I run mine at full blast from mid flower on. With a 70ppd dehuey running for the overall space, the RH is typically between 45% and 50%.

You may need a bigger humidifier to keep up in the room.

You can take some of the large fan leaves to help cut back a bit. (Less leaves, less transpiration, less increase in RH.)

If you got a bigger unit for the room, it may be possible to put the small one in the tent.

If it continues to be of issue, look for strains that are more resistant to mold and bortritis to help offset conditions.
being mid flower i didn't really wanna pull any fan leaves if i can help it. if i turn my fan up any more i start to see a suction in my tent walls

being mid flower i didn't really wanna pull any fan leaves if i can help it. if i turn my fan up any more i start to see a suction in my tent walls

Nothing wrong with a little negative pressure. Most would say it’s desireable, even, as it keeps smells from escaping and in turn going through the carbon filterexhaust.

Taking some fan leaves (NOT sugar leaves) isn’t a big thing either. Some even strip every single fan leaf in flower, and run with just the sugar leaves.

Humidity goes up in flower during the dark especially if you've newly watered. The temp usually falls unless you are controlling it. You should be concerned with mold and powdery mildew. Make sure the air is moving and there is separation between plants and limited growth under your canopy.

Try and stay in the correct color for your grow. I'd say green soon to be yellow.

yeah i try to always have my rh between 40-50 which is easy during the day but at night just have been having issues. i do normally water late afternoon so i'll switch that up to early mornings then

Get a good dehumidifier and use it. You cam turn up your fan. You want the sides to suck in. You can stick something across the sides to stop tent from making contact with your ladies. Like a 1x2 or ive seen pvc contraptions.

Back
Top Bottom