Testing temp. and RH in new 8' x 8' tent

Today I started testing lights and temps. in my new 8x8 tent, I daisy chained two of the 5 LED's together and turned all switches on which is 168 3watt LED's. 1 hour later the temp was 81 so I turned on the pump in the reservoir and also started the chiller. 30 mins. later the temp was up to 91 so I put the chiller outside of the tent and it dropped back down to 90 degrees and 45 percent relative humidity. Please remember it's still hot summertime here where I live and it's usually close to 80 indoors.
I am waiting on a 8" carbon filter, I will use a "new to me" 8 inch vortex with speed control and vent out of the tent and then out the back window. In the winter I can keep it in the house as long as I am not burning my propane burning co2 generator. Since I can't use a window mount a/c without a lot of modifications and I can't afford a mini-split, what would my next option be a portable? and also vent that out the window? I was told that any length added onto the portable makes it harder for the compressor? What I mean is a a/c tech support guy told me adding 12-15 feet of the 5" ducting would burn out the compressor prematurely? I have no opinion as I don't know HVAC.
I am hoping that once I have a 8inch vent fan turning on and venting the hot air out of the tent the temps. should be in an acceptable range. Well see soon. I wanted to try going in a "perfect room" aka sealed room. I guess that will take some consideration and fabrication on my part. Maybe constructing a wooden box/ manifold type deal?
Usually I would vent right thru the hood for my hid or hid's but now that I am using all led's there will be a learning curve I will have to overcome. I am getting a lot of great ideas from my new friends here. Please feel free to leave your 2 cents. Any and all comments are welcome.:allgood:

I would go with the portable A/C as well as vent, if you can. However if you ended up getting the A/C and kept good environment obviously save your electricity and do not vent.

Go with a portable A/C that has dual hoses, one exhaust, one intake. The other kind can leak smell very easily.

Thanks JJ Bones, I have a large room probably 18' x 25 ish? The owner put in all double pain windows that don't open, so I am going to have to reroute the exhaust vent hose up and over a door jam to the nearest window that will open, I called soleus and they said anything longer than the hose they ship will tax the compressor? I think since it has a one year warranty I'm going to just try and see, maybe I should put an inline booster fan closer to the window to suck and help out the compressor. Only prob. is the hose is 5" and I have a 4" booster? I could get a 6" and a couple of 5" to 6" adapters.
Happy Labor Day Weekend to all 420Mag members :)

After checking out Mr. Smith's and divinekoncepz's way of cooling with a portable ac I think I got it solved, of course still need a few more parts before I can test the setup.
Seems like that's the story of my life: "the part I need". lol, I figure I better get used to it. :)

It's been over two weeks and I'm still building my RDWC system. I still have to reinforce the ceiling bars on my tent so I can hang multiple led lights and a carbon filter plus fan ( 8inch).
I have been measuring 3 x's and cutting once lol or at least trying. I haven't cut so much PVC in a long while and so far so good. The true test will be when I fill her up and power the pump. I am guessing for two leaks :) the wife says "No way, you'll have more than that!" So time will tell.
I realized today while making my last few cuts on the 2" that I still have to germinate seeds, veg them long enough to take good cuttings, root them, then I can put them into my RDWC system and get a better idea of how my build turned out. Was a kinda frustrating feeling knowing I have over 60 days before the setup Im working on today will be functioning. I don't want to complain, I am still glad I have an opportunity to grow at all :)
I'll be in touch asap
Im taking lots of photos and will be able to journal the whole build and grow

DSCN8518.JPG

So I am just trying out my posting pic skills, this is a pic from 7 days ago. I have been very eager to get these plants going and have made a few mistakes and stalled them out. The way I can tell is its been 8 days since the 3 gallon air pots have needed to be watered. So I gave them a super light feeding and will just be patient as I dont want to take cuttings yet. They would work but since there so small it would end up taking them that much longer to root. So I will give her another week and see how shes looking next Saturday. I hope by the end of December 2012 to have rooted cuttings veggin. Thats if we dont all get gobbled up by the Dark Rift? lol JK, I dont worry about that sh%t anymore :) aka one day at a time

Back
Top Bottom