Texas: Hundreds Join 'Marijuana March' In Dallas

Jacob Redmond

The roar of a crowd echoed through the streets of downtown Dallas Saturday.

Close to 1,000 people joined a march in support of what organizers call sensible marijuana policy in the state of Texas.

"I believe responsible adults should be able to make adult decisions," said Shaun Mcalister, Executive Director of Dallas-Fort Worth NORML.

NORML is a national organization dedicated to reforming marijuana laws.

At the march, which started at the JFK Memorial Plaza, it was hard to ignore people like Dale Turner, who donned a cannabis costume he calls "Pot Man."

"I giggle and laugh about it," Turner said. "A lot of people wanted a picture with me today."

For others, the march had a much deeper meaning.

"While I was going through my chemotherapy treatments, I used cannabis to help me with my nausea," said breast cancer survivor Barbara Humphries.

Humphries is hoping for a clearer legislative bill that will make medicinal marijuana more accessible to the everyday patient.

A bill signed this year by Gov. Greg Abbott only gives epilepsy patients access to low doses of cannabis oil.

16369.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Hundreds Join 'Marijuana March' In Dallas
Author: Philip Townsend
Photo Credit: Philip Townsend

The amount of people [1000] that marched in Dallas indicates the chances of Texas pulling it's head-out-of-the-steer's-ass regarding any medical marijuana consideration. Texas will be a blue state before any decent legislation is drafted. I live in Texas and I'm not a liberal/progressive. It sickens me to know just how ass backwards we are in this state regarding human compassion allowing people to treat themselves with this miracle plant.

Back
Top Bottom