"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Actually the temps have been in the 90's, they keep saying 80's, but yesterday my thermo said 94, that's too darn hot for me.

But it looks like I'm through the worst of it, with a little size the plants should be able to take a little more heat. And of course flowering is just around the corner. And it's supposed to cool off a lot this weekend, thank god, I hate the high temps.

I went to college in Tucson, loved the winters but got the heck out in the summer. Though first day of football practice freshman year it was 115! Damn that was hot.

But it is a dry heat. If people reading this don't know what a dry heat feels like. It is very different from humid heat. Dry heat feels like you put your head and rest of your body for that matter in an oven. Fry what do you think? Does that explain the feeling well?:)

Ah, a reverse snow bird! Mom and Dad are in Phoenix these days and it was 108 yesterday with 8% humidity.

You bring back bad memories of football practice in the late summer in the midwest. Felt like a dish rag at the end of those. Remember the salt tablets! YUK!

My son is going to camp in WI next week. I hope he can still handle the humidity.

What strain and where did you get them from? And FPF I will be here stalking this grow, Man they are looking lovely so are the roots. :popcorn:

Aren't they though, I was so worried about the heat, but they seem to be pulling through just fine. I'm expecting some good growth for the next week or two and then go to flower, that will help my heat issues even more.

But don't be afraid to speak up, I like to hear from everyone! All comers welcome! I just wish we could share a bowl every time you drop by and say hi!

Oh wow fry I forgot all about the salt pills we had to take in camp. They were gross. I will have to ask my son if he gets them. This is the first time he is going to sleep away camp. I will be sad and miss him a lot. Guess I will be on here more if that is possible. You will all have to put up with me.

Okay, I promised Green007 a some better pics of the girls. I took a few of the White Russian and Durban Poison, they are both doing very well. Even the AK/CL are looking great, just a lot thinner, but lots of branches coming up. I topped three AK/CL yesterday, they were getting way ahead of the others.

I'm looking at topping the WR and DP, but when? They both have a ton of side branches coming out, all of the DP look like they've been lst'd, the mani trunk is leaning over and lots of branches coming up. I just don't know what I'll do.

But they are all looking green and healthy. If you look closely at the WR you'll see some lower leaves curling up from the heat but all the new growth is pretty much perfect.

DP:
IMG_22722.jpg

WR:
IMG_22735.jpg

DP:
IMG_22744.jpg

WR:
IMG_22782.jpg

Okay, hope that's enough for you Green, they are looking very nice and green themselves!

Later!

Looking real nice fry! Now that I harvested my three bubble buckets, I am going to set my aero system back up. Do you run a single reservoir for all three pipes?

Looking real nice fry! Now that I harvested my three bubble buckets, I am going to set my aero system back up. Do you run a single reservoir for all three pipes?

Yup, 27 gallon res, with 20 gallons of water in it. It only goes down 2" when starting the pubushings h is pushing 2300 gph, but I have another 27 gal filler res on a float vale on the shelf above. I'm guessing they will be drinking about 9 gals a day when they get going good, about a half gal each.

The guy I talked to at the dispensary yesterday uses a Stinkbud system with 14 sites spaced 8". I think my spacing of 18" will be extremely benificial.

I just wish I had your problems FPF with the self LST'ing plants in the bubble tank. Your set up is not even a bubble venue in the purist form right? You bubble your reservoir?

I just wish I had your problems FPF with the self LST'ing plants in the bubble tank. Your set up is not even a bubble venue in the purist form right? You bubble your reservoir?

No, this is an aeroponic unit, oh damn, now that they know this isn't even a Deep Water Culture setup where will they stick this thread now?

Sorry, I digress. No, with aero the spray is where you pick up the o2. You see, inside my tubes I have a 1 1/4" pipe with 1/8" holes drilled to match the spacing of the net pots. During cloning you turn the spray into the side of the pots, just as you do with Deep Water Culture only using the spray instead of the feeder tubes. Then when the roots hit the bottom I'll turn the spray down at a 45 deg angle and into the roots.

So, rather than having a pump in my res, I've got a big inline pump that moves 2300 gph, this is a pretty good spray, I was wondering if it would hurt the roots but not so far.

There are other ways I could do this too, I could use neoprene and blow off the net cups and rockwool all together. Lots of variations, you can probably do about the same thing many different ways.

That 18" spacing will keep you from being a "Branch" manager! Spread out girls, there's plenty of room in "The Beast"! LOL!

That's exactly the way I look at it, you need the space for them to lay back and get all the sun they can handle!

Pretty soon I'll be putting up a net over them to help hold them upright and provide good spacing. This way I won't be tying anything and can move them around as the develop. Only problem is when the do I set the net, at what height? I'm sure I'll be making adjustments as I go along.

Great looking pics, FPF. I hope the storm brings cooler temps.

Thanks bro, they are looking awful nice and green aren't they, I'm a little surprised but tickled green!

I was up in Snowmass Village, the temps are so much nicer and cooler than down here in the banana belt. I love it here because the summer is so much longer than up higher, but I hate it here now because the summer is so much longer than up higher, if you catch my drift?

I looked at a friends aeroponic system but it was a lot different than the beast. He had like 4 tubs in the room with spinning misters on PVC with the reservoir in the bottom of the tubs. The PVC the misters were on ran out both ens of the tub. To Drain the res all he had to do was take the cap off the end of the feeder PVC and it drained right out.

I looked at a friends aeroponic system but it was a lot different than the beast. He had like 4 tubs in the room with spinning misters on PVC with the reservoir in the bottom of the tubs. The PVC the misters were on ran out both ens of the tub. To Drain the res all he had to do was take the cap off the end of the feeder PVC and it drained right out.

Cool variant, I think I see what you're talking about. The whole thing about aero is just that you are spraying the water at the roots full time. How you apply the water to the roots can vary, as well as how you house the plants (tub v. tubes v. ?) how you drain them back into a central res. I use the tubes and they all drain back into the single res. Plus I have them all plumbed together so the pump runs one set of supply pipes.

I just have to turn the pump off and it all drains back into the res. I can turn one or all of the supply lines to the tubes, I can remove one or more tubes from the system all-together. This is a pretty flexible set up.

Back
Top Bottom