The best is sometimes an accident!

Tennessee Tim

Way back in 1969, I was a young pot smoking Hippy type! A lot of the pot was coming from southeast Asia at the time as well as from Mexico, and domestic growers. Some of the pot was very good, some was shit weed! My friends and I were growing pot every summer between 1968 and 1975 both independently and in collective enterprises. In that summer of '69 a buddy and I took a film can containing 25-30 seeds from Mexican pot and pot from Vietnam we called Thai sticks. We went into an area of undeveloped land in our neighborhood looking for a spot to plant. We found a sunny opening in the trees were once a farm homestead had been but was now grown up in brush and weeds. We cleared a spot of only a few feet across . dug it up with a folding army shovel and mixed rotten organic material from a nearby hollow tree into the soil. We just carelessly planted the seeds in a circle about 2 and a half feet wide. We watered with water we had carried in in wine botas and left. We never checked on them, thinned or did any watering or fertilizer after that! Near fall we finally went back to check on this small plot(one of several plots that were larger and tended better). Being young and out of smoke at the time , we took it before it was fully budded and quick dried some of it in a skillet on a stove top. We smoked the first joint between 6 people, some only getting one good hit before it was gone. Two hours later I looked at my friends and exclaimed where y'all been! We all burst into laughter and were amazed to be seeing trailers streaming from anything that moved! This stuff was mind altering to a degree that was unbelievable! The technicolor streaming from people who waved their hands or walked in the room was more like peyote or magic mushrooms (though milder and more relaxing) We quickly named it Tennessee Thunderfuck! We harvested about one pound of buds and trim mixing it all together and it was so potent that two persons never finished a joint at one time! You would simply forget what you were doing for an hour or so and find the roach sitting in the ashtray or even laying on the floor later. Needless to say we became the most popular guys around! As word spread across our circle of friends we were harassed by people wanting to buy some of our stash! Pot sold for about $15 per "lid" (a sandwich baggy full of at least an ounce weight) back then in our area, but we had people offering us $100 for a match box full! We got them high but did not sell our TTF! After that I have tried for decades to find pot like that and never have! The most expensive grow systems, indoor/outdoor grows, highest quality genetics from around the world and none have ever come close to that pot we grew back in '69. The Hundred folks at most,
who got a puff of that stuff back then, thought I was a pot Guru. I know now, I was only lucky! For many decades after that I would hear of good local pot being called Tennessee Thunderfuck or other pot called Alaskan Thunderfuck or Thunderfuck of whatever area it came from! But I think we may have been the original Thunderfuck Pot! None has ever come close to that accident of nature, but I keep trying!!!!

Tennessee that is pretty much how I grew weed in the early 70's. I didn't know shit about growing and at the time I didn't know anyone else that knew shit about growing. But I learned more each year and in the process, I would manage to grow some awesome bud each year, even upped my game and started growing sinsemilla in spite of doing a lot of the wrong things. Mainly, luck had a strong guiding hand, you said it, "best is sometimes an accident".

Bangabong, I bet a lot of us just learned from trial and error back then(pre google days),but we did learn a lot! Trying to find that elusive, magic weed, that was just what we have dreamed about, has led us to read, experiment, and improve our game! Imagine what may have been possible without the Control Freaks persecuting us! Having said that, random happenstance/luck will always be a factor, even with the most sophisticated grow techniques. I have gone back to the basics now, organic ,soil nurturing based grows, but with better equipment and reliable seed stocks. Quality organic compost is the ticket for me and my grows. I have learned that thriving microbes, living, compost made with some sheep and goat pills,bedding/litter, along with the kitchen scraps, yard leaves, trimmings and garden waste ends the need for worrying about PH, NPK balance,etc. and prevents most problems. Just allow for good air/drainage with plenty of vermiculite and perlite in the soil mix and add compost! (I also use a little sea weed extract and fish emulsion at the start and during the bloom ) If the helicoptors and aerial photography planes stop circling in my state, I will grow my pot outdoors again or fill my greenhouse with it! The great seed stocks that are easily available now, makes it possible to benefit from the work of others! Keep on toking and pushing for the freedom to grow and consume all of God's bounty in/from our gardens!

Sounds like someone spiked your Kool aid... In 69, weed on a 1-10 was a 5-6, nothing trippy. Thai Stick had arrived and it was very good but, by comparison today it would be ranked a 6...The strains today, are very powerful and do require TLC in order to get the most out of the Strain.
Two seasons ago, i grew Maui outdoors and babied it and watched it bloom into a pedigree, if i just left it alone would it have been the same? I doubt it. Plants need love and fertilizer to grow...
Same with indoor growing, you can`t just throw seeds into soil and think, you`re going to get top quality. Like all women, they need to be stroked and loved in order for them to reach full potential..

your experience with the tracers has happened to me before. except it happened for 6 hours. it was my 2nd or 3rd time smoking ever. I decided to go all in and keep smoking with the people I was with untill it was gone. maybe 5 bowls out of a medium sized glass pipe.

I had to drive home and all I could focus on was how bright the license plate of the car ahead of me was. and then everything turned into a video game. anyone who has played a car racing game and played from the driver seat looking through the windshield knows what I mean.

that's when the tracers started and I knew something was not ok. I got home safely thank god! I then went and jumped into the shower hoping this would help to no avail. 3 hours later I'm laying in the bed and all of a sudden I could not see color anymore. Everything was black and white like one of the old movies withought sound. after 3 more hours of not seeing color and completely tripping my ass off I was able to fall asleep. I woke up and was perfectly normal but with a major headache simular to a hangover.

turns out the guy who's pipe we smoked out of smoked PCP out of it all the time. Needless to say I was smoking bud laced with PCP. Everyone else knew and was aware of this but I was not. not cool.

I did not say this to say you smoked PCP laced weed. just brought back memories. bad ones lol. but either way I remember the first few times I got high not including the PCP. till this day I have never been able to get that high! I defanetly loved the story! o to be a kid again!

I also was not alive in the 60's nore do I want to pretend I know what was available then! I love hearing story's from the pioneers! we wouldn't have this great form or anything for that matter if it wasn't for you! thank you Tennessee Tim!

I had one plant that gave me visuals that I grew about 8 years ago. Not sure of the kind. I ordered a half dozen seeds from a Swedbank and planted them. They were all supposed to be the same.
Turned out they were not. One was a tiny runt. So I didn't even bother to clone it. Cloned the others to decide which was best. Then after the dry was done tried the little guy and was blown away by the mild visuals similar to mild shroom trip. Only got about an oz of that plant but saved it for months and only had it on special Ocassions. Best i ever had and no way to know what it was 8-(
Would love to grow a visual strain but can't seem to find any that everyone agrees is visual...

I am glad you guys liked the story! I retold this story because it is so incredible! I have been striving for decades to reproduce those effects from marijuana, unsuccessfully. Despite the wide availability of wonderful strains, none live up to it,despite the care and attention that may be given. My diminished circle of friends,(death over takes us all) who shared this with me, seem to have a very similar memory to mine, of the details related in my trip down memory lane! It's kind of like being spared during a disaster, in a way, or winning a game of Russian Roulette, no way to explain it, didn't earn any credits, just plain old dumb luck! Now, I did a lot of mystical substances back then and my friends and I may of shared a few hallucinations, so I will not deny the possibility that we suffered a mass/group delusion that persist to this day! Happy Trails Fellow Trekkers!

BTW! It is a myth that excellent pot , high in THC, was not available in the "Old Days" Yes a lot of crap weed was sold on the streets in the past, just as today! Also, the old samples tested as examples of past pot crops were likely severely degraded as they had been stored for years when tested! The DARE people brought you this mis information! We enjoyed Landrace strains from Jamaica, Afghanistan, Lebanon, India, Mexico, Cuba, Thailand and elsewhere, as well as good hybrids, even back in the "dark ages"! Merchant Seamen were a source of some of the best pot before 1970! They would return home with a duffel back stuffed with weed from around the world! My first taste of excellent Jamaican weed was in 1969 and an older merchant seaman , indeed supplied that! It came in through New Orleans with him regularly , a couple of kilos at a time! This old guy had been smoking pot since the mid 1930's as a boy! It was as good as many of the latest strains and helped set standards for us young pup's, back then, to shoot for! The biggest difference was and is, the internet and cell phones did not exist! Information traveled slowly and research about the origins of your weed was not often available and most of us learned by experience and word of mouth between fellow "Hippies" sharing bits. You will not likely find any reliable discourses recorded about pot , between growers, from the sixties! Most of us were young then! We had to experience the good,bad and the ugly for ourselves. I got ripped off, buying seedy hempweed, too many times as a beginner kid! But good sensi was available then in the right circles or at times, for many of us. I have been told by my departed, father, that weed was grown in every alley in Memphis, Tennessee in the 1920's. Sorry, to burst anybody's bubble, but good pot was enjoyed long before the present generation of cocksure pup's came along! Don't believe all of the buzz you pick up on the new street's, of the world wide web internet! The internet is today's streets, lots more of info available, good, bad and the ugly!

Back
Top Bottom