The moon & flowering

Just in the full moon phase. It seems to be working alright with the plants I have got going here at the moment. I planted just b4 the AFL grandfinal and the first full moon was on the 4.10, so I have applied nuts during that time and they are looking really good so far. All experiments and heaps of fun!!

I like experimenting as well. In fact I reckon I will try feeding at night on one of my plants & see what happens. Thanks again for the advice mate!!!:peace:

It sounds like a 7 month growing season,most anything you grow will be done by then. I wouldn't sweat the light but it is going to delay the onset of flowering some.

good point greenmonkey, but i have also read that at night a hormone is produced that allows the plant to keep track of when to start budding. it cant be photosynthesis because it is made at night and the daylight destroys it...

once the days become short enough the hormone reaches a critical level in the plant and it starts to bud. i think the moon will effect the budding cycle... even if it is only a tiny bit.
i would like to see the light of a full moon simulated on a plant throughout the entire bud cycle

also it sounds like irish and you may also have another point, about the mating cycles and optimum ripeness. a full moon harvest sounds like something i would like to try

Cannabis plants are referred to as long night or short day plants, because they require a long period of darkness to trigger the hormones that tell the plant to switch from vegetative growth to flowering. These light receptors are color pigments in the leaves called Phytochrome Red (PR) and Phytochrome Far Red (PFR). These pigments get their names from the types of light they absorb. PR absorbs red light between 660 and 760 nm and PFR absorbs far red light between 760 and 800 nm. These two pigments chemically react to the light, and trigger the plant to flower or not. This paragraph is an excerpt from an article written by "Rambo" & here's a link for the full article. great read. https://www.------------------.com/light-cycles-and-flowering-cannabis/
hope this is helpful. :)

I use the farmers almanac, gardening by the moon. It tells when to trim or bend for growth, plant at certain phase in a certain fruitful sign of the zodiac and your plant will produce more seeds. There is a right time for harvesting in a sign, but once it starts flowering there is no altering. Only before...and picking, curing. I use moon gardening, it's cool, and after a while you need no guide your find yourself picking weeds at just the right time, or mowing the grass so it grows slow.

Back
Top Bottom