The Professor Reviews 24k Gold from DNA Genetics

Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing 24k Gold by DNA Genetics. Now before I begin I'd just like to mention that this one hermied on me during flower. I did expose her to a lot of environmental stress though and performed quite a bit of HST on her also. For about a week the tent was exposed to temps as low as 4C which could have been the cause of the problem. No seeds have been found in any of the buds from the tent. Right, on with the review. 24k Gold is Tangie x Kosher Kush. It is described as a mostly indica hybrid and I'd have to agree. She grows a bit taller than the average indica strain though and has a bit of stretch during flower.She was quite an easy strain to grow though I don't think that I got the best example of her genetics. During the vegging period she often looked a bit sickly only to recover on her own with no aid. This all changed once flowering was initiated and she grew normally from then on. As I said before she threw a couple nannas at around mid flower which I removed and she was fine again until late flower where she threw several more. I decide do to pull her at this stage though she was actually done and ready for harvest. Her scent during flowering was very rank (in a good way) and had heavy Kush and decay smell which was intriguing if not a little concerning at times. Her buds have cured well though and she has a really deep Orange and OG smell when you crack the jar. It's a very overpowering odour and there's no way you're going to hide this one if you make some pre rolled's to go out for a walk. Smell proof stash tins are advised. She tastes dank like a good OG should. Pungent Kush with sweet notes that are soon pushed aside. By the end of the joint the tokes are heavy and make me cough a bit more than normal. She's definitely addictive to toke on. Her effects are a bit mixed but always end the same and that is with a heavy couchlock. I tried some at around lunchtime time and I was ok at first. About half an hour after I finished the joint I can feel myself wanting to put my head against something. You feel stoned from not long after sparking the joint but it's not until a short time later that the real effects kick in. She's perfect for sleep medication but bad for movies. I've yet to make it to the end of a movie in the evening after smoking one of these at the beginning. She's very good for appetite stimulation as well. You will need lots of munchies or at least you will want lots of munchies. It really is a good, warm stone that is felt throughout the entire body that comes in waves. It's great for lying back with your eyes shut listening to a good audiobook but it's difficult not to drift off whilst doing it. Overall I love the loud nature of this strain with its over the top smell and deep taste. The pheno that I had doesn't have the greatest bag appeal, until you open the bag that is. It was certainly worth the time and effort. Don't expect to be getting creative anytime soon and stock up on cheesy poofs....

Back
Top Bottom