The Professor Reviews Currylato From The Plug Seedbank

Hey 420. Today we will be reviewing the Currylato from The Plug Seedbank. Now before I start this one I'd just like to say that I didn't get a great pheno. This plant was all over the place for much of her life and did many weird things. I almost decided not to bother with a review for this one because I don't think she represented the strain well at all. Now on with the freak show. This particular strain is a cross between Gelato and Sunset Sherbet and is advertised as a mostly indica variety. She started off increasingly well being the first seed to break ground a couple days before the next did. Then she started growing strangely after a couple weeks. She seemed to handle things ok though and continued growing albeit with strange shaped leaves. She looked so odd at times that people could have quite easily mistaken her for another type of plant. After she was put into flower she changed again and became an almost specacular looking plant. She still had some strange things going on though. One thing that stood out was just how much she drinks. She easily consumed more than twice the amount of water than the next heaviest drinker and she caught me out several times with her pot drying out. Another strange thing was just how much her scent changed throughout flower. It started out very fruity and became more spicy until she almost reminded me of nutmeg or something similar. It was a very musky old clothing kind of smell that was just weird for a cannabis plant. She was also very fast and reached harvest before the rest of the strains in the tent. She could have been pulled at eight weeks but I let her go nine because I was busy. Her buds were incredibly dense and very pretty by the end but were quite small. The finished product was a little bit disappointing. Although it has the looks it doesn't have a good taste or smell. Not what I'd expect from a cross between those parents even though I've not tried either. It tasted similar to the smell. Like old bud that's not been looked after and is pretty harsh. There is a tiny hint of fruit but it's only on the first couple tokes. After that it's all musky, dusty and generally unpleasant. The effects were better though and you can certainly feel stoned from it but as a full experience it's a bit lacking. Overall I'm disappointed with this particular plant but I can't comment on the strain as a whole because I only grew out one seed. I've had plenty of bad seeds before from some highly rated breeders so it wouldn't be fair to say that this is a terrible strain. It was just bad luck on my part. Well at least she looks good....

Back
Top Bottom