The Push to Legalize Marijuana: It's Real

I guess I don't follow your logic - are you saying there are more penalties under the proposed law?

Yes in a nut shell! It`s already legal if you get a recomendation from a doctor.And it`s not taxed (other than sales taxes in some places) controled,or regulated.There is no state limits on amounts you can have or grow right now in California for medical use.

What we need to change is making it the same with recreational marijuana.All we need to do is decriminalize marijuana.There is an other praposal on the table called the Jack Herer law. This does all this as well as releases everyone from jail and expunges all records of those who have been busted for marijuana. That`s what I call legalization of marijuana! No taxes and very little control or regulations! It has my vote!

what about spirits, they were illegal then became taxed and regulated. This makes the bulk of the users happy. You still have those who break the law and make their own, same applies to this, most people will be happy with being able to legally access cannabis, some will still decide to grow their own illegally but they would be no worse off if the law passes then they are today.

I keep hearing the same arguments over and over and they don`t fly.Spirits don`t involve genetics. Plants do. If the proposed law passes only people who will be growing for sale will be licenced corp.farmers.These large farms will only be intrested in the bottem line being in the black and will not care about quality.Check the last post at Urban Grower and they show what quality company contracted marijuana looks like.Ugh! wouldn`t smoke that krap and that was grown for medical users!

Now an other thing, as this law is written you will not be able to smoke in a public place because unlike drinking it will be against the law to smoke anywhere near a minor under 21.So say you want to smoke at a ball game? Nope but you can buy a beer at a consession stand.At the county fair? Same thing! How about having a smoke at the park? No you could be arested for smoking near minors,but you can enjoy a beer or some wine with your picknic. So you see it just isn`t the same is it?

Oh I do vote and if you have an issue to bring up instead of name calling I`d like to hear about it. I`m not against changing the laws if they are written with the good of the mj community in mind.I just don`t think that this is the case with the proposed law. By the way I am a home owner and have been growing/smoking sence 1963.I`m a vet. and disabled.I`m also a seed vender AKA MC Seeds. Very pro Marijuana!

Back
Top Bottom