The Swell Life in Canada

TurkHookah

I'm sure you've all heard rumors of the lax attention to pot in Canada, and I'm here to reaffirm all of them.

Namely, there are some detachements in Canada that are renown for actually prosecuting people that are found with weed, but they're few and far between. But, in the unlikely event that you are caught at all, say as my friend was recently (with an ounce), you are made to go to court. However, unlike the U.S., my friend was, get this, ordered to right a 300 word essay on the downfalls of using drugs.
However, I have a decent amount of amusing anecdotes about some encounters with actual nice policemen:

My friend is sitting in a Mcdonald's parking lot and has decided to roll up the 4 ounces that he has, as well as 2 ounces of salvia into joint form (which will needless to say take some time). A cop pulls up beside him by chance, and as he is walking into the restaurant, looks in the window to see my friend with his massive amount of ganja. He politely knocks on the window and asks my friend just what he thinks he is doing. My friend responds that he is simply rolling up his stash to make it easier to smoke. The cop seems mildly amused and asks him to hand him the two large bags which my friend does with no hesitation. He cop looks at the weed in his hand, sniffs the bag and remarks that it does indeed look good. Then he looks at the salvia and asks what it does. My friend responds that it just really manages to fuck you up badly. The cop laughs, hands him back the two bags, and wishes him a good night... but be safe he says.

Finally, on another occasion another friend of mine is walking home, apparently blitzed out of his skull as he's walking down the main street in a stoned stupor. An officer pulls up behind him and rolls down the window, asking him what he's up to. My friend manages to stammer that he's attempting to make it home. The cop, seeing his very red eyes comments that he must be really high. My friend restrains laughter and says that yeah he is. The cop then laughs himself and tells him to get in, not the back but the passenger seat of the car, because he's going to give him a ride home.

Now aren't those some heart warming tales? And I'm pleased to say that they're quite real.

So Huzza! to the Royal Canadian (Mounted) Police, truly protecting and serving our great country and finally letting the meaningless things go.

Ohhhh Canada.... Lol:peace:

*packs bags* I'm moving to Canada! lol

I just got back from Toronto area and of course, I enjoyed the Canadian newspaper editorials. There were a few on marijuana and I agree each incident is unique, that things aren't as "peachy-keen" as you may be led to believe.. Soooo be careful. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

TurkHookah said:
I'm sure you've all heard rumors of the lax attention to pot in Canada, and I'm here to reaffirm all of them.

Namely, there are some detachements in Canada that are renown for actually prosecuting people that are found with weed, but they're few and far between. But, in the unlikely event that you are caught at all, say as my friend was recently (with an ounce), you are made to go to court. However, unlike the U.S., my friend was, get this, ordered to right a 300 word essay on the downfalls of using drugs.
However, I have a decent amount of amusing anecdotes about some encounters with actual nice policemen:

My friend is sitting in a Mcdonald's parking lot and has decided to roll up the 4 ounces that he has, as well as 2 ounces of salvia into joint form (which will needless to say take some time). A cop pulls up beside him by chance, and as he is walking into the restaurant, looks in the window to see my friend with his massive amount of ganja. He politely knocks on the window and asks my friend just what he thinks he is doing. My friend responds that he is simply rolling up his stash to make it easier to smoke. The cop seems mildly amused and asks him to hand him the two large bags which my friend does with no hesitation. He cop looks at the weed in his hand, sniffs the bag and remarks that it does indeed look good. Then he looks at the salvia and asks what it does. My friend responds that it just really manages to fuck you up badly. The cop laughs, hands him back the two bags, and wishes him a good night... but be safe he says.

Finally, on another occasion another friend of mine is walking home, apparently blitzed out of his skull as he's walking down the main street in a stoned stupor. An officer pulls up behind him and rolls down the window, asking him what he's up to. My friend manages to stammer that he's attempting to make it home. The cop, seeing his very red eyes comments that he must be really high. My friend restrains laughter and says that yeah he is. The cop then laughs himself and tells him to get in, not the back but the passenger seat of the car, because he's going to give him a ride home. He doesn't ask to see my friends parents or anything at all but just drops him off and wishes him a good night.

Now aren't those some heart warming tales? And I'm pleased to say that they're quite real.

So Huzza! to the Royal Canadian (Mounted) Police, truly protecting and serving our great country and finally letting the meaningless things go.

that's the coolest shit i've ever read.

I wish I lived there.

hossua34 said:
There's always bad cops and good cops, shitty cops and cops who have their heads out of their asses. Thing is, in Canada it's about a 10-90 split, while in the U.S. it's the other way around.

Way more than 10% of the cops in the US are good, and I know this from knowing many officers. My brother is a police officer, my dad was for a short time, and my grandfather was (and yes, were Irish). I also personally know many cops in St. Louis and Columbus Ohio.

If you get arrested for weed, you cant be mad at the cop. They have to enforce the law, regardless of wether they agree with it, or get fired. There are certainly mean cops in the US, but most are really out to protect us. Also some are just stupid, not mean. But most police are actually good people. You still have to remember, even though weed isn't that bad, it's still a felony. You are still commiting a crime.

Back
Top Bottom