Thoughts on my planned setup

Also don't cheap out on the filter by a good one such as phresh or mountain air. It will save you money in the long run the last long and work great. And you can germinate and grow in the same soil but why use soil at all lol? Check out hempy buckets

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the recommendations Jchron. Will take your advice on the fan setup should I see its too hot in the tent. I have everything arriving before the seeds so I can work on getting the environment *perfect* for my babies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just read up on hempy buckets for the first time - next grow! I'd rather not be dealing with nutes to this extent for my first grow, but tell me if I'm wrong. Seems like more could go wrong haha.

I know it seems like a lot the first time and your going to have a ton of questions about the smallest things that seem huge at the time. When I first started I must of spent hours looking for and researching buckets lol by the end I had 6 different types and about 13 different buckets ranging in 2-3 gallon. It was silly but hey now I never need buckets.

Now I'm my opinion the hempy bucket aka poor mans hydro allows more control, is easy, allows for faster and larger growth and easy transplant.

You only need two nutrients and your ph water stuff.

The two nutrients are: maxigrow and maxibloom - that's it. One for veg and one for flower. You just add one scoop or less per gallon of water and PH to (5.5-6.5)

And you can do any container from solo to 5 gallon. I have done 2 liter hempys with real nice results. Although a 2-3 gallon is probably the standard

Also the only materials you need are perlite and coco which are easily found at nurserys

So i would germinate in a paper towel or mini hempy solo, or germinate right into the mini hempy(your choice), then after a few weeks of development move to your final container.

Also I don't know if anyone answered you, but if you get a proper inline fan for exhaust you will not need an intake fan although you can always hook up a small computer fan or something

So i would germinate in a paper towel or mini hempy solo, or germinate right into the mini hempy(your choice), then after a few weeks of development move to your final container.

Also I don't know if anyone answered you, but if you get a proper inline fan for exhaust you will not need an intake fan although you can always hook up a small computer fan or something

I continue to be amazed at how friendly everyone is here! Thanks for the input....I have 3-gallon smart pots en route. Are these "hempy compatible" in your opinion? Also, when should I switch them to final containers - 2nd set of leaves?

Finally, I live in US - do you know any good websites I can order through? Someone said RareEarth, but only ship to Canada .

I personally have not used the smart pots (have heard good things), but I do not think you can use them for hempy since they require a reservoir at the bottom 2-4". Since you already ordered id say stick with them.

I transplant when my plant is established and has a few nodes, I'd wait till 5-6th set of leaves to ensure the plant is strong. Waiting longer is def better than transplanting a baby. These things can recover from almost anything if you have a solid base.

Now what are you talking about ordering here? I do ALMOST everything through Amazon

I personally have not used the smart pots (have heard good things), but I do not think you can use them for hempy since they require a reservoir at the bottom 2-4". Since you already ordered id say stick with them.

I transplant when my plant is established and has a few nodes, I'd wait till 5-6th set of leaves to ensure the plant is strong. Waiting longer is def better than transplanting a baby. These things can recover from almost anything if you have a solid base.

Now what are you talking about ordering here? I do ALMOST everything through Amazon

In my haste I forgot to write seeds. Where it all starts & ends right?

It's been a while for me but anything currently reputable is usually reliable

There has been a few issues recently with some seed banks in terms of credit cards and/or shipping to the US...but if you peruse the sponsors of the site...you will find some that will offer great strain choices as well as being able to deliver stateside...I've seen some US peeps having their CC order denied by their bank...but there are usually work a rounds...ie. bit coin...Etransfer...even cash...I've used 3 or 4 sponsor sites over the years and never been disappointed...either in delivery or quality of product...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

There's literally tons of threads of dedicated to this, do some research see what's working currently and go for it.

I've searched "seeds", "seed banks", "buying seeds" in the forums and found nothing....mind linking one for a newb forum user?

420-magazine-mobile921408487.jpg

The setup is complete. My basement naturally is 77°F and 25% humidity with the front flap open on my tent - with the light on, 4" fan on, and watering the plants - do you think the temp won't be too hot & the humidity will rise to acceptable levels?

Damn that's some warm climate you got, once you get going if you have proper ventilation you should be able to maintain 77-87 no problem which are high but definitely acceptable levels. Any higher and I'd take action

Key questions to the statement- where are you exhausting to?

Damn that's some warm climate you got, once you get going if you have proper ventilation you should be able to maintain 77-87 no problem which are high but definitely acceptable levels. Any higher and I'd take action

Key questions to the statement- where are you exhausting to?

Exhausting through the carbon filter and into the basement... have you ever heard of putting another filter on the exhaust end of the fan?

What about humidity? The setup is LED so shouldn't add much more heat.

I am sure you could put another filter at the end of your fan/exhaust duct but for the size of your tent I wouldn't see a point if you have a decent carbon filter. They do sell 4" and 6" small puck filters that fit into ducting. And then there's all sorts of stuff at Home Depot that you can cut to fit or put in front of. All of which contain carbon.

I am not sure of the size of your basement or its air exchange but if your heating up air and spitting it out only to be sucked back in shortly after and then heated up again; you may end up with a heat issue. Any way to vent directly outside say through a dryer vent?

Also what light did you end up going with?

I am sure you could put another filter at the end of your fan/exhaust duct but for the size of your tent I wouldn't see a point if you have a decent carbon filter. They do sell 4" and 6" small puck filters that fit into ducting. And then there's all sorts of stuff at Home Depot that you can cut to fit or put in front of. All of which contain carbon.

I am not sure of the size of your basement or its air exchange but if your heating up air and spitting it out only to be sucked back in shortly after and then heated up again; you may end up with a heat issue. Any way to vent directly outside say through a dryer vent?

Also what light did you end up going with?

The VIPARSPECTRA 600W. Will look at the additional carbon items if I need it.

Would be a real bitch to vent outside plus I don't like the idea of stinking up the neighborhood.

Besides a fan, how else could I get temp down? My basement is just super hot!

I was heavily researching that light, I was very close to buying it. Looks like a quality light. I hope to see it results.

No windows in your basement or a dryer already set up? The vent exhaust will not smell if you have a decent correctly sized carbon filter.

Now there's of course $$$ such as an air conditioner. Or you can vent the heat/exhaust further into another room. Or you can intake from another cooler room.

Or what I did when I was living in a condo with joined neighbors on both sides. I was in a small closest in the master bedroom the heat was awful and making sleeping for me and the girls hard.

So I bought some of this white cardboard type board from Home Depot and made a half ass drop ceiling and then vented into that. It was still warm but it dropped temps significantly.

Don't worry about it too much that's all problems that can be solved especially when on a small scale.

I might crack a window in the basement to see the results. One big open unfinished room so venting/drawing from another room isn't feasible. A small AC on the front of the passive will be a last ditch effort.

Back
Top Bottom