Timeframe allowed for taking drug test once hired

When do most employers require you to take drug tests after being hired?

• Total voters

rocky888

I know this will be different for different employers, but figured I might could find out what people say is done most of the time. I've never been drug tested by an employer and I have a kinda unexpected interview coming up on Monday the 2nd. I don't know if this will be and interview where I'll get hired at the end if they like me or maybe they'll get back to me days later. My question is do they require you to take a drug test the day of being hired or maybe within three days or maybe anytime before you actually start? Please any help would be appreciated I'm pretty nervous about this because I really don't want to mess this up if they want to hire me. Again I know everywhere is gonna be different, but whats the norm. that happens with most employers.

I'm not a heavy smoker, but wasn't expecting this to pop up so sudden. I smoked a small portion of a swag blunt with 3 other peeps on 7-24 and on 7-29 I took a couple baby hits(didn't really get high) of good. Since 7-30 I've been drinking lots of water and taking AZO standard(I know it's debatable), AZO Cranberry, Metamucil and running on a treadmill. I'm a female 5'4", 135lbs. Please let me know of any other tips you may have for getting it out of my system quick.

AZO is just a water pill, it won't help because thc is not water soluble. Almost every other drug is but not thc.
It sounds like you're doing everything right.
3 days before your UA switch to a high fat red meat diet and stop exercising.
And get a cheap home test to make sure your clean before you take the real one.

i personally dont agree with the stop working out.. by expierence and by the people i have trained a hi intensity circuit work out that means no breaks one movement after another.. then sitting in the sauna for 15min to half hour.. if the sauna is too much id start out at ten minutes then add a minute each time u go in.. a good 10-15 min run also good.. plenty of water and vitamins.. also a good clean diet.. cut all the crap out.. alot of the people i train know about their drug test a week before they get them so we rock this circuit out and its worked for them and myself..

Sauna helps nothing as far as getting thc metabolites out of your fat cells.
The reason to stop exercising 3 days before the UA is because as you exercise the waste is of the fat burning is excreted through your urine and colon. So if you continue to exercise up to the UA date you'll be excreteing more thc. Stop exercising and change to a high fat diet end the new fat will absorb the thc floating around and won't excrete it for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom