Tiny mushrooms growing around cannabis - Good or bad?

> They hadnt received a full water for almost 10 days since the soil was taking too long to dry even then. Below Im trying to dry the soil manually by not to aggravate the root system, but my only hope is maybe to transplant them both into a 5 gallon in about a weeks time with a new soil mix ratio. CUrrently my ratios are: Dry manure (1 part), Soiless mix (1 part), spaghnum peat moss (2 parts), dolomite lime: Just a generous sprinkle but less than a fistful. heres them now, drooping at the lower parts, but OK at the top.. not sure if overwatering is coming into play or if they will recover next few days.

1) Are mushrooms and fungus gnats interlinked, or am I making my own incorrect theories? >>I would say yes and the moisture build up allowing their formation.
2) Are the mushrooms creating a harmful environment for my plants roots/soil area, or are they useful to my soil/plants? >>the moisture no the fungus yes.
3) How do I get rid of the mushrooms if they arent meant to be there? (I saw "Ndawgg27" mention the following in a 2010 post: add to your mixture small course perlite, or for the green alternative (specially if recycling your dirt) growstones (puffed recycled beer bottles) they hold alot of air and water while allowing proper drainage.

Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
* Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
* Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
* 1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
*All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
*Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.​

4) Has the recent soil pH adjustment 3 days ago to more acidic created an environment for the mushrooms to grow? (I cant think of any other things Ive changed or done differently to the soil. All else is same)
5) Should I just transplant my ladies to a new soil mix/composition with less dry manure if they are sprouting from that? (I thought to transplant them both into a 5 gallon with much more spaghnum p.m and lesser dry manure?)[/QUOTE] >>>the fungus you found is the "flower", the mycellium connecting them is the greatest thing for a plant! i would transplant to a better air-rated organic soil mix and mix your "mushroom dirt" into your soil mixture and let it spread!!!!!

~supai

Huh. There's millions of mushrooms around the property but mushrooms growing in cannabis soil? That I have never seen or heard of.

But logically the spores must have been in the soil and then started growing when the environment became right for them.

Incredibly fascinating.

I have no idea if or how they could affect the cannabis.

If I was you and needed damage control I would drill many many holes in the pot. Put a fan on it. Then let the soil get real dry before watering. Honestly I'm not sure it would work but it's where I would start. Sorry I can't give you better info but you're the only person I've ever seen pull a Mario sized mushroom out of their plant. Whatever happens please please keep us posted. This is how these problems develop solutions.
I accidentally directed the fresh air intake towards a pot in a 12 plant grow. Within 2 days the plant was as good as dead.

If you do this, make sure the air ain't cold. The roots hate cold

Is it possible to grow magic mushrooms alongside with the cannabis? Now that would be two times the fun for the same wattage :)

In reality it's probably a bad idea as mushroom are usually grown in a sterile enclosed environment.

Would be so cool

Is it possible to grow magic mushrooms alongside with the cannabis? Now that would be two times the fun for the same wattage :)

In reality it's probably a bad idea as mushroom are usually grown in a sterile enclosed environment.

Would be so cool
It's possible but difficult due to tempature, contamination and humidity.

The soil will hold many contams.

Mushrooms generate their own heat so depending on how massive the substrate it can overheat prodicing poor yeilds and contam.

The best way I'd this is have a cool room w mushrooms and some ducting running from that room into tent. When tents fan kicks on it will also pull from the duct and get that co2.

I could talk about this forever really..

> They hadnt received a full water for almost 10 days since the soil was taking too long to dry even then. Below Im trying to dry the soil manually by not to aggravate the root system, but my only hope is maybe to transplant them both into a 5 gallon in about a weeks time with a new soil mix ratio. CUrrently my ratios are: Dry manure (1 part), Soiless mix (1 part), spaghnum peat moss (2 parts), dolomite lime: Just a generous sprinkle but less than a fistful. heres them now, drooping at the lower parts, but OK at the top.. not sure if overwatering is coming into play or if they will recover next few days.

1) Are mushrooms and fungus gnats interlinked, or am I making my own incorrect theories? >>I would say yes and the moisture build up allowing their formation.
2) Are the mushrooms creating a harmful environment for my plants roots/soil area, or are they useful to my soil/plants? >>the moisture no the fungus yes.
3) How do I get rid of the mushrooms if they arent meant to be there? (I saw "Ndawgg27" mention the following in a 2010 post: add to your mixture small course perlite, or for the green alternative (specially if recycling your dirt) growstones (puffed recycled beer bottles) they hold alot of air and water while allowing proper drainage.

Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
* Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
* Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
* 1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
*All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
*Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.​

4) Has the recent soil pH adjustment 3 days ago to more acidic created an environment for the mushrooms to grow? (I cant think of any other things Ive changed or done differently to the soil. All else is same)
5) Should I just transplant my ladies to a new soil mix/composition with less dry manure if they are sprouting from that? (I thought to transplant them both into a 5 gallon with much more spaghnum p.m and lesser dry manure?)
>>>the fungus you found is the "flower", the mycellium connecting them is the greatest thing for a plant! i would transplant to a better air-rated organic soil mix and mix your "mushroom dirt" into your soil mixture and let it spread!!!!!

~supai[/QUOTE]
1. Gnats are fond of laying eggs in gills of mushrooms, and I believe they are attracted to the mushroom and it's myciliums smell.

2. They are not harmful. Some mushrooms work with your plant to increase nutrient absorbtion..

3 well.. short term memory n all.. I forgot what 3 was

Back
Top Bottom