Toddler caught with pot

Urdedpal

A local drug unit is investigating how a toddler got hold of some drugs.

Not only did the child find some marijuana, he brought it with him to the school bus, and his parents could face a number of problems.
It's just two grams of pot tucked inside a knotted baggie, but the fact that a 3-year-old got his hands on any drugs makes this matter beyond a police investigation.

"He made some statements where he found it and I think he just put it in his pocket and pulled it out when he was getting on the bus," said a police spokesperson.

Police don't believe anything sinister was going on here beyond some recreational use, perhaps by the boy's parents.

Police talked with the mother and found another small bag of pot, reportedly in her purse.

But residents of the Charring Square neighborhood, where the incident took place, can't believe parents would be so careless.

Jennifer Evens is outraged about the whole situation. She says, "Three-year-old, you know, to get his hands on it to bring it on a bus for a public school, it's just crazy."

Debra Heneger believes the parents should lose their child and serve time in jail.

Monroe County prosecutors say this matter could result in the parents being charged with possession, even child neglect, and they could get kicked out of their apartment for possessing an illegal drug.

Larry Csokasy, a drug counselor, worries the parents are setting a bad example.

"Yes, if you have parents that abuse substance and they're aware of your abuse, than what kind of model are you being?"

A drug lab is testing the substance in the bag, but Lieutenant Davis says it is pot. Once the results come back an arrest and charge could be made.

13abc.com: Toddler caught with pot
Copyright ©2006 ABC Inc.

Those parents are complete idiots.

Well, the parents are sort of dumb for leaving unlocked or unhidden, but what's in mommys purse should stay in mommys purse. Do three year olds go to public schools? He must have known what he was taking.

I am sorry this is even a story. Unlike ANY OTHER "DRUG", this could never hurt or do anything to this child. This child could have taken this marijuana out of the bag, put it in his/her mouth, even eaten it...and NOTHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. Marijuana can not be absorbed by the humand digestive system, without being suspended in an oil based food. Furthermore, this child could not have smoked it, they were THREE!!! I can see if this was anything else, meth, alcohol, tobacco, herion, asprin, all things that could hurt a child if he/she touched and or consumed. But marijuana is INERT in that form! Why doesn't anybody realize this? This is insane! I am sad this kid got his parents stash, or even found it elsewhere, because now the parents are going to be in trouble anyhow. It is sick how this story was presented. Nothing bad would have come of it, other than the kid having something that smelled "funny".

He is too young regardless, I would say
HAHA420 said:
Those parents are complete idiots.
even if they found ciggeretts.

Who leaves their stash where thier kids can find it? Stupid people.

yo everyone im new to the site but so far im diggging it does anyone know where this happened i know we have a monroe county here in georgia but theres probibly one in every state i know atleast in georgia 3 year olds dont ride school busses thats a little crazy dont you agree and if he was 3 years old he obviously has shitty parents to let him wait at a bus stop by his/herself regardless of the bud in his hand :Rasta:

I agree that it was pretty stupid for the parents of this child, to just have their stash ( if that's what they call 2 grams ) where their three year old can find it. When you are a parent it is your responsibility to make sure that your child or children don't come across things like these. It's called go and buy a $20 portable safe from Home Depot. However, I also agree with Vegesbruen to a degree. 2 grams is not going make a child "high", maybe make him throw up, but it's not going to send him to the ER to have his stomach pumped. Also, three year old children do not ride the bus. At all. I don't care where you live. He might have been riding in a van from a day care, but there are certain laws out there that don't allow children to be standing at bus stops by themselves at three years old. That's just plain retarded. This story as well as all of the other "horror stories" that you hear about, has probably been overexagerated.

Back
Top Bottom