Todd's 2X4 Growing

toddtony

I will soon be starting my third ever grow in my same old 2X4 I think all my post will go here now until I get. A new tent. Or something

For my 3rd grow I think I’m going to try organic dry feed for the plants probably Gaia green I may also try to do a sort of “compost tea” thing with a liquid microbe brew molasses and water I will also probably try the “terpinator” product a buddy suggested I give a try after he used it. Will see if I notice a difference in the intensity or general profile of the terps on my “indi 4” clone from last grow

Strain/s: Ice cold & NFsheesh & unknown bagseed clone​
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 Gallon
Tent Size: 2X 4X 5
Grow Space:
How Many Plants: 3
Environment: Indoor
Stage: set up
Medium: TBD
Lights: 3 100watt LEDs
Nutrients: Gaia green + worm castings
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: TBD goal of 6.8
Pests: None
Watering:TBD

The main goal for this grow will be trying to average 2.5oz from each plant. My first two grows I was for the most part satisfied with the quality however only got 2oz per grow I’m looking to get well over a Qtr pound this time around.

I ordered two new lights from viparspectra should arrive tmrw or day after
IMG_2781.jpeg

My hope is two of these combined with one of my old lights (below) is that the umol’s will combine with the center of each light being around 1.5 feet from the center of the next light should allow the weakest corners of the tent to still have 800-1000 umol for flower im pretty sure light intensity has been holding back my yeilds so hopefully this works it’ll be 300watts divided by 8 square feet so 37.5 watts per square foot
IMG_2772.png

The strains I ordered are both from solfire gardens and should have some what similar genetics

Ice Cold
Bahama bussdown X hoodcandyz
Not much info on this one but I like the way it looks🙃
IMG_2778.jpeg

NFSHEESH
NFC X Bahama mama
THIS one is listed as a moderate yeilder and a scent of English tea cookies I have no fucking clue how English tea cookies smell but shall see
IMG_2777.jpeg

I’m not familiar with these strains or the ones crossed to breed them nor have I ever heard of them so should be fun I’ve really only seen good reviews on solfire so I’m confident in these
It seems Bahama mama plays a role in both strains which is a cross between black bananas and Tropicana cookies so I guess this grow would be a good review of general bahama genetics

I’ll be aiming for 60days of flowering and maybe 45-60days of veg/seedling

And of course my clone from my last bagseed grow I don’t actually know if this rooted but it does have new growth so maybe it’ll be part of the grow maybe not I’ve also got 8 freebie seeds so maybe one of those will have a similar flower time and I pop one of them
IMG_2783.jpeg

My free seeds
Black lime kush
RS 11
OREOZ
The others I’ll know when they get here

Got my seeds yesterday the 3packs of ice cold and NFSHEEESH from solfire gardens and my free Oreoz,RS11,black lime lush I also got two super silver haze seeds …I’ve got one Ice cold, NFSHEEESH, and Oreoz in cups of water for 24hrs or until they sink then will put In paper towels and tubberware until the tap root pops out enough around 1/4 inch
IMG_2791.jpeg

I’m hoping the Oreoz I’m popping is a 8-9 week version I’ve read some can go 10 weeks and my goal is to harvest the Nfsheesh and ice cold around 60 days of flower.

I’ve also got my worm casting, epsom salt, and myco.aswell as my two viparspectra v1000 lights. Will have to figure out someway of getting them higher with the wire hangers. I’m waiting on the Gaia green veg and bloom fertilizers I will also be ordering some plain gypsum which combined with the salt will. Be my calmag
probably will get neem oil as a pest prevention I don’t think Ive had any real problems with that so far​

For the compost tea I’ve got kelp and alfalfa meal on the way aswell as a oxygen/air pump for the bucket I’ll grab to brew the tea probably will only use this a few times throughout the grow
IMG_2785.jpeg

With all I’m running this grow I don’t see why I shouldn’t get 1gram/watt but I’m aiming for atleast 0.7gram/watt around 2.5oz per plant. Plan is 2 weeks seedlings in cups then 3-4 weeks veg in 1 gal pots and 8-9 weeks flower in 5 gallon will be trying for a SCROG I’ll get a trellis net at some point .

Will implement topping around 4-5th node probably 1st week of veg or 2nd then LST tying down branches around weeks 2 or 3 and hopefully they will be ready for the net by time I flip to flower​

Veg should have read around 4-6 weeks instead of 3-4

This is about 21 hours of soaking the seeds and they all sink to the bottom the ice cold and Oreoz have cracked exposing the taproot on to paper towels and tuberrware for a day or two the. They will go in cups
IMG_2800.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

I’ll be using sungro black gold organic soil when I plant the seeds I’ve used it throughout my last grows don’t think the soil itself was a limiting factor
IMG_2799.png
IMG_2798.png

This Plus extra perlite​

Amazing genetics 🧬
You should follow the slfr discord.
It’s pretty active and the community there can definitely help with any questions you may have with your grow.

Have fun with your grow!

Amazing genetics 🧬
It’s pretty active and the community there can definitely help with any questions you may have with your grow.

Have fun with your grow!
Thanks for that I’ll have to check that out definitely interested to see how/what others do with these types

Amazing genetics 🧬

Have fun with your grow!
Thanks for that I’ll have to check that out definitely interested to see how/what others do with these types

I’ve got the tent most of the way set up I’m waiting on a more official inline exhaust fan with a filter and ducting aswell as a couple more clip on fans I’ll be getting rid of the box fan takes up space other than that I’ve got everything for the tent… in the mean time the box fan and makeshift exhaust fan I’ve got will do the stuff should be here in a week or two
IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg

I used the small fan on the ground in top pick sticking it in top port of the tent then. The top one in the bottom where I feed wires will be the intake the rest are sealed set up won’t really change unless needed just different equipment from some of what’s pictured plus a carbon filter which will go outside the tent​

Something of concern I’ve noticed is the viparspectra v1000s still have a faint light even when turned to zero it’s looking like I’ll have to buy a separate power source for the lights to cut power all together they are about as bright as a phone screen on 5-10percent brightness which I’m assuming would still be enough to interrupt flower​
The iPhone camera enhanced the photos so these are abit brighter than eyesight
IMG_2805.jpeg
IMG_2807.jpeg

Something of concern I’ve noticed is the viparspectra v1000s still have a faint light even when turned to zero it’s looking like I’ll have to buy a separate power source for the lights to cut power all together they are about as bright as a phone screen on 5-10percent brightness which I’m assuming would still be enough to interrupt flower​
The iPhone camera enhanced the photos so these are abit brighter than eyesight
IMG_2805.jpeg
IMG_2807.jpeg
You may need to manually switch it off. I use a timer to turn my mine off.

I’ve forgot to officially state this up until now but all seeds are feminized photos

After just one day soaking in water then one day in paper towels the seeds were ready to go in the dirt.

IMG_2808.jpeg

I thought the labels might get erased which they were however I took an picture with labels fresh so I know which seeds are which
IMG_2801.jpeg

they went into solo cups, the solo cups are doubled cupped with the bottom/inner cup having rocks in it to make sure the bottom of the top/outer cup is elevated. the top/outer cup has holes on bottom for drainage and is where medium went
IMG_2816.jpeg

I put 3 solo cups of the black gold organic soil in a 5 gal grow bag to moisten and mix. I added a tbsp and a half of Gaia green earthworm castings split between the 3 that was sort of a random number. Then abit of extra perlite probably 20% of the amount of soil .I also added alittle bit of of the dynomyco to the soil mix then in the holes I dug for the seeds I put a bit more dynomyco that will get more direct contact with the roots as they grow.
IMG_2809.jpeg
All of this should be more than enough to get us through the 2weeks of seedling stage after which we’ll transplant to 1 gal grow bags and start veg

I’ve got them under just one light on 20% waiting for them to pop above the dirt the cups covered with plastic gloves (was out of bags lmao) the gloves have holes poked in them so the plants and medium can breathe and to avoid mold
IMG_2812.jpeg

Day 1 seedlings
All three of the seeds popped above soil sometime today. I’ll be considering the first 2 weeks seedling. By the 3rd week of growth I’ll start counting veg.
IMG_2817.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg

I’ll probably keep the plastic over the cups for the next few days but the humidity is already high even with the fan on full blast due to all the rain I’m getting, tent has been 67-79RH which I think the will be fine in without the dome effect also hoping the humidity drops after this string of storms passes turned on the other lights on lowest setting just to get more heat in the tent temps currently around 71degrees think I’d prefer atleast high 70s for this stage hope to see this take off over the next 14 days​

Lights are on 24 hours currently however will probably switch to 18/6 tonight

Pictured below is just about everything I’ll be feeding this grow I’m still waiting on gypsum​
This probably cost 2.3X as much as when I just ran bottle nutes plus myco however the salt,gypsum, and molasses should last several grows the kelp and alfalfa meal may last awhile since I’ll only be using them for teas
IMG_2821.jpeg

Day 3 seedlings
Decided to take the plastic off the cups don’t have the fan blowing directly on them yet will let them adjust awhile. The NFSHEEESH(left red) and ice cold(right red) seemed abit stretchy so I now have the light on 25 12 inches from plants . The sheeesh and ice cold are around 2 and a half inches in height , the Oreoz about 1 inch.
I will be starting the 18/6 light schedule tonight won’t be doing much to the plants this week just making sure the medium stays moist .
Will keep RH in high 60s-low70s until day 7 temps still aren’t where I’d like them working on that
IMG_2825.jpeg

NFSHEEESH
IMG_2826.jpeg

Ice cold
IMG_2828.jpeg

Oreoz
IMG_2827.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom