Too close for comfort

bluemode

I am starting a new grow I have 8 seeds that have sprouted. I have my plants in 5 gal pails, good soil and a great grow room. Here's my thing After planting all my White widows six of them I was left with some old bag seed. For kicks I put them in water and waited nothing happened. I knew that they were at least 2 maybe 3 years old so I just took another pail filled it with dirt and through the seeds in. After two days I had one sprout today another has sprouted. In my last grow I had great success with growing two per pail. but these sprouted two inches from each other! There too delicate to move now and I am afraid if I wait too long the roots will tangle. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Bluemode...

Re: two close for comfort

That sucks man.I'm not sure you can do anything but let them grow and see what happens.Their too delicate to do anything now and by the time you could try you'd probably shock both of them because of the roots.I dont know but their are alot smarter people around here who might be able to come up with something.Good luck man. :peace:

I'm not sure what would happen with two plants growing so closely to one another. It may be safer and possible to do what PFlynn suggested and just let them grow. If you want to try an separate them what you could do is take the plastic cover to a notebook or folder (anything along this manner that you have lying around) and slice the soil in the middle of the two. Then using the plastic as a divider, slide the two parts of soil away from one another. Replant with loosely added soil and gently water. Hope for the best.

Yeah it might be best to leave it be as well. Maybe setting up your lights, half on one side, half on the other would cause the plants to grow away from one another. Like a V

I would just take one of the seedlings out and give the plant the whole bucket to flourish in.

I will keep eveyone aware of my progress. I'm keeping them together. Even if I lose them both I still have the other six. I'll try to post a pic this week. Thanks.

Bluemode...

So sorry. I'm taking the pic today and should have it up in a day or two. Thanks for the reminder.

Bluemode...

Sorry for such a long wait on these pictures but here they are. This one shows how close the two plants were planted. Both are nice size and both are girls.

DSCF2390.JPG

Here is the cluster of plants these are exactly one month and four days old.

DSCF2389.JPG

The whole lot eight plants doing great. When the males are more distinct I will chop em down and it will allow me to get more light evenly to all the girls. I've learned my lesson though with growing in such tight quarters.

DSCF23871.JPG

Bluemode...

Back
Top Bottom