Too late for seed?

Greetings ,
Just in process of germinating seeds now for outdoor grow and hoping I'm not to late. Located in southern Ontario , this will be first outside grow in Coco and smart pots .Anyone else get started late ?
Thx
Well, the strain will be the deciding factor if you are too late.

Hope it works out.... :thumb:

Your yield might be a bit limited, because the plants might not get that big before they kick into flowering in the fall, but it should still provide a yield, if everything goes right. Not everyone needs monster yields. Enjoy the process & enjoy what you end up with!

Well, the strain will be the deciding factor if you are too late.

Hope it works out.... :thumb:
Forgot to mention that ~ its a 8-10 week flowering feminized sativa dominant hybrid. Will the late start
Your yield might be a bit limited, because the plants might not get that big before they kick into flowering in the fall, but it should still provide a yield, if everything goes right. Not everyone needs monster yields. Enjoy the process & enjoy what you end up with!
That’s what I was wondering - if it would just be a limited veg but still flower properly. Should still get 2.5-3 months of veg.

Thx

It’s probably best that you planted those late. A larger plant can take longer to mature and the 8-10 week flower window is if the plant has ideal conditions. Living in Eastern Ontario myself I have trouble finishing 7-8 week plants as they end up done at 10 or 11 and it’s pretty cold and wet by then. I know fall in southern Ontario can be much warmer so hopefully these work out for you as long as the weather plays nice. Good Luck!

It’s probably best that you planted those late. A larger plant can take longer to mature and the 8-10 week flower window is if the plant has ideal conditions. Living in Eastern Ontario myself I have trouble finishing 7-8 week plants as they end up done at 10 or 11 and it’s pretty cold and wet by then. I know fall in southern Ontario can be much warmer so hopefully these work out for you as long as the weather plays nice. Good Luck!
Thanks,
I’ll make sure to take some clones for inside grow in the event they don’t finish it won’t be a total loss.
Thanks

Thanks,
I’ll make sure to take some clones for inside grow in the event they don’t finish it won’t be a total loss.
Thanks
Try to take them before they flower if you can to give them the best chance. Also if you’re taking plants or clones into an indoor grow space you may want to quarantine them first to avoid bringing any pests in to contaminate your space. Even if you can’t see them it doesn’t mean they haven’t laid their eggs and moved on.

Forgot to mention that ~ its a 8-10 week flowering feminized sativa dominant hybrid. Will the late start

That’s what I was wondering - if it would just be a limited veg but still flower properly. Should still get 2.5-3 months of veg.

Thx

It should flower properly. In the past, I've purposely planted late to keep plants on the short/small side & they still produced very high quality bud, just not a huge amount, which was fine for me under the circumstances. Outside of autos, it's photoperiod, not plant size that triggers flowering.

As Widowsnest correctly noted, planting a bit late might work to your benefit, since sativas tend to grow tall.

In your part of the country, it might be a bit tough to get through 8-10 weeks of flowering to full maturity with a sativa, though.

I'm in the Pac.NW of the states & we probably have a bit longer grow season than you do & it's always a dice roll on sativas with long flowering times. Rather than battling the outdoor climate, you might want to consider strains w/ shorter flowering times, as lots of hybrids & excellent indicas have.

I love sativas, but I'm not growing them outdoors here anymore because they don't work real well with the climate & I try not to fight nature. Plus, there ain't nothing wrong with a nice hybrid or indica.

But regardless, enjoy the journey...it's a plant that belongs outdoors.

I'm also in Southern Ontario and was late starting, in fact mine sprouted 5/31. I'm hoping for a good quality bud yet a smaller yield than most. I'll keep checking in to see how you are making out in the same climates.
Keep us posted & enjoy the ride!

Looking good bro...I hope my girls look just as good. I need some solid sun. The last week has been mostly overcast as you know and even now as I write the sun hasn't peaked out. I told the girls at 5am it was gonna be a beautiful day and I'd hate for mother nature to dissapoint disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom